• Dennis M. Woods, 49, of South Elgin, was charged Monday with possession of a controlled substance, resisting a peace officer and obstructing identification, Carpentersville police said. Officers say they found Carisoprodol tablets in his pocket after he was taken into custody about 12:51 a.m. on Kennedy Drive.
• A resident in the 100 block of Carpenter Boulevard reported Sunday that a vehicle ran over his mailbox and wooden planter at the end of his driveway.
• Two Xbox gaming systems and three video games were reported stolen Sunday from an apartment in the 0-100 block of Oakcrest Drive.
• Mercedes S. Jackson, 28, of Carpentersville, was charged Sunday with retail theft, police said. She is accused of stealing $63 worth of merchandise from Walmart on Lake Marian Road.
• Carpentersville residents Diyana I. Fields, 21, and Marcellus E. Laws, 23, were charged Saturday with retail theft, police said. They are accused of stealing $45 worth of merchandise from Walmart on Lake Marian Road.
• A wallet containing two credit cards, an ID card and about $2,990 in cash was reported stolen Saturday from a pickup truck parked in the 100 block of Ensenada Drive.
• Sudar Senka, 68, of St. Charles, was charged Friday with retail theft, Carpentersville records show. She is accused of stealing $24 worth of merchandise from Woodman's on Randall Road.
• A wallet and a rosary were reported stolen Saturday from a vehicle parked overnight in the 500 block of Apache Avenue.
• Ashley N. Hardt, 24, of Elgin, was charged Oct. 5 with retail theft, Carpentersville police said. She is accused of stealing two bottles of nail polish, valued at $18, from Kohl's in Spring Hill Mall.