Ron White, famed for tours "Behavioral Problems" and "Blue Collar Comedy," performs his brand of hard-living standup comedy on Saturday at the Genesee Theatre, 203 N. Genesee St., Waukegan. $45.75-$244.75. (847) 263-6300 or geneseetheatre.com. 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3
Screenings of the beloved 1993 film "Groundhog Day" are part of Groundhog Days this weekend at the Harold Ramis Auditorium at Classic Cinemas Woodstock Theatre, 209 Main St., Woodstock. No admission charge for the film. (815) 334-2620 or woodstockgroundhog.org. Film screenings at 10 a.m. through Sunday, Feb. 4; various times for other activities
History and heritage
The Black History Family Festival features a keynote speech by Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx, craft projects, a performance by the Chicago West Community Music Center and more on Saturday at the Gail Borden Public Library, 270 N. Grove Ave., Elgin. Free. (847) 742-2411 or gailborden.info/bhff. 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3
The Metropolis Performing Arts Centre warms up winter with French playwright Marc Camoletti's 1962 farce "Boeing-Boeing," which centers on bachelor Bernard's attempts to simultaneously romance three flight attendants and prevent them from finding out about each other. He manages quite well until his American friend Robert arrives and a newer, faster airplane disrupts his carefully planned trysts. Joe Lehman directs Metropolis' revival of the comedy, which earned the 2008 Tony Award for best play revival. 3 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3; and 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 4, at 111 W. Campbell St., Arlington Heights. Opens at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 9. $35, $40. (847) 577-2121 or metropolisarts.com.
Tickets are scarce to catch the tour of "Dancing with the Stars: Live! -- Light Up the Night." Season 25 Mirrorball Champions Jordan Fisher ("Hamilton," "Grease: Live!") and Frankie Muniz ("Agent Cody Banks," "Malcolm in the Middle") will appear with dancers such as Sharna Burgess, Artem Chigvintsev, Lindsay Arnold, Alan Bersten and more on Saturday at the Rosemont Theatre, 5400 N. River Road, Rosemont. $63-$79; $15-$20 parking. (800) 345-7000 or rosemonttheatre.com. 4 and 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3
Get ready for some revealing stories by comedian Dan Cummins ("This is Not Happening," "World's Dumbest") when he continues his run of standup shows this weekend at Zanies at Parkway Bank Park, 5437 Park Place, Rosemont. $25 plus a two-item purchase. (847) 813-0484 or zanies.com. 7 and 9:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3
Choirs from all over the Chicago area converge for the 30th anniversary Gospel Extravaganza on Saturday at North Central College's Wentz Concert Hall, 171 E. Chicago Ave., Naperville. $15; $10 seniors and students. (630) 637-7469 or finearts.northcentralcollege.edu. 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3
Gospel gem Mavis Staples
Chicago's music scene burns a little brighter because of Mavis Staples. The legendary rhythm and blues singer channels her signature love and hope, albeit through pursed lips, on "If All I Was Was Black," her recent release and collaboration with Wilco's Jeff Tweedy. See her in all her spirited glory when she takes the stage at the Vic Theatre this weekend, joined by Chicago soul band The Congregation. Vic Theatre, 3145 N. Sheffield Ave., Chicago. $40-$65. (773) 472-0449 or victheatre.com. 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3
Laura Eason's controversial drama "Sex with Strangers," first staged in 2011 at Steppenwolf Theatre, returns in a new production at the Citadel Theatre, 300 S. Waukegan Road, Lake Forest. $37.50-$40. For mature audiences only. (847) 735-8554 or citadeltheatre.org. 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; 3 p.m. Sundays; through Sunday, March 4
Bel canto drama
Bellini's English Civil War-inspired opera "I Puritani" returns to the repertory of the Lyric Opera of Chicago for seven performances starting on Sunday at the Civic Opera House, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Chicago. $34-$269. (312) 827-5600 or lyricopera.org. 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 4
Big screen bowl
Join a big theater crowd to cheer on either the Philadelphia Eagles or the New England Patriots at the Super Bowl Party hosted on Sunday by the Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. No admission charge; $3 food and domestic draft beer; $1 hot dogs for kids. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com. 5 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 4
• The Casimir Effect, Daniel Young, The Phonographs, Sam Stucky: 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, at Reggies Rock Club, 2105 S. State St., Chicago. $10-$12. (312) 949-0120 or reggieslive.com.
• Blues Traveler, Los Colognes: 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, at House of Blues, 329 N. Dearborn, Chicago. $30-$35. (312) 923-2000 or houseofblues.com.
• American Arson, The Almas, Man Eating Lion, Zero the Hero, Action Boy: 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, at Cracken Cakes, 38594 N. Sheridan Road, Beach Park. $5 suggested donation. (847) 603-4966 or crackencakes.com.
• Weakened Friends, The Flips, Engines, lettering: 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, at Subterranean downstairs, 2011 W. North Ave., Chicago. $8. (773) 278-6600 or subt.net.
• Boy Band Review: 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, at BaseCamp Pub, 5750 Lakeside Drive, Lisle. $5-$10. (331) 777-4712 or basecamppub.com.
• The Throwbacks, Teenage Mutant 90's Turtles: 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, at BrauerHouse, 1000 N. Rohlwing Road, Lombard. $7-$10. (630) 495-2141 or brauerhouse.com.
• Still Alive, Turbovamps, The Duis, The Kreutzer Sonata: 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, at BrauerHouse Live, 1000 N. Rohlwing Road, Lombard. $8-$10. (630) 495-2141 or brauerhouse.com.
• Teed, The Good Batch: 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, at Mackey's Hideout, 2601 S. River Road, McHenry. Free. (815) 363-7040 or mackeyshideout.com.
• The Giving Moon, Wilde: 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, at Bourbon on Division, 2050 W. Division St., Chicago. $7-$12. (773) 796-5879 or ticketfly.com.
• Dave Specter Band, Jimmy Johnson: 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 6, at FitzGerald's, 6615 Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. $10. (708) 788-2118 or fitzgeraldsnightclub.com.
• Michael Glabicki and Dirk Miller of Rusted Root: 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 6, at S.P.A.C.E., 1245 Chicago Ave., Evanston. $15-$27. (847) 492-8860 or evanstonspace.com.
• MER's Music Showcase: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 7, at Cubby Bear, 1059 W. Addison St., Chicago. Free. (773) 327-1662 or cubbybear.com.
• Josh Bryant, Matt Tatum: 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 8, at Cubby Bear, 1059 W. Addison St., Chicago. Free. (773) 327-1662 or cubbybear.com.
• Billy Don Burns, Liar's Trial: 9 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 8, at BrauerHouse, 1000 N. Rohlwing Road, Lombard. $10-$12. (630) 495-2141 or brauerhouse.com.
• Information is provided by entertainment venues. Check with the venue before purchasing tickets. For more concert listings or to add an event, visit dailyherald.com/calendar.