Need for speed
Ogle the many sleek and stylish automobiles on display at the Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals this weekend at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, 5555 N. River Road, Rosemont. $30. (847) 692-2220 or mcacn.com. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19
Model Railroad Club
The Lake County Model Railroad Club invites train enthusiasts to its annual Fall Open House at 107 S. Main St., Wauconda (use the rear entrance). The club operates an HO scale permanent operating model railroad in a 30-by-60-foot room. The train's layout uses the latest operating digital technology. Free. lcmrr.org. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19
Beer & bye-bye
Six Flags Great America's 2017 season ends this weekend with its Last Call Fall Festival. Plenty of craft brews are available for purchase at 1 Great America Parkway, Gurnee. $74.99 basic park admission (beer and food extra). (847) 249-1776 or sixflags.com/greatamerica. Noon to 8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19
The globally successful Canadian-based Cirque du Soleil straps on ice skates for its first ice arena spectacle "Crystal." St. Charles native Madeline Stammen stars in the cast, which performs amazing human feats on (and above) the ice this weekend at the Sears Centre Arena, 5333 Prairie Stone Parkway, Hoffman Estates. $33-$163; $28-$131 kids 2-12; $30-$106.50 students/seniors. (847) 649-2222 or searscentre.com. 1 and 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19
Learn all about the different attributes of certain winged predators with the family lecture "Nocturnal Hunters: Owls" Sunday at the River Trail Nature Center, 3120 Milwaukee Ave., Northbrook. No admission charge. (847) 824-8360 or fpdcc.com. 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19
Shiny and bright
The great outdoors get lit up again for the holiday season with the return of "Illumination: Tree Lights." New this year are special timed entries and interactive "Illumedallions." The elaborate light show starts this weekend at the Morton Arboretum, 4100 Route 53, Lisle. $18-$22; $12-$14 kids ages 2 to 17. (630) 968-0074 or mortonarb.org. 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. daily to Monday, Jan. 1 (closed most Mondays, plus Nov. 23, Dec. 24 and 25)
Folk rock favorite America celebrates the band's 47th anniversary on stage in St. Charles this weekend. Catch classic rock jams such as "A Horse with No Name," "Sister Golden Hair" and more long-standing influential hits. Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. $59 Saturday, $55 Sunday. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com. 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19
Look for the 'golden ticket'
See the 1971 family film "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory" at the York Theatre, 150 N. York St., Elmhurst. The film, based on the classic Roald Dahl tale, stars Gene Wilder as chocolate-maker Willy Wonka. The screening will coincide with the kickoff for the Salvation Army's Red Kettle holiday donation collection. Admission is $7; proceeds will benefit the Salvation Army Oakbrook Terrace Corps. (630) 834-0681 or classiccinemas.com. 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19
• Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra's Bolling Team with "Classical Jazz" concert: 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19, Mayslake Peabody Estate, 1717 W. 31st St., Oak Brook. Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra assistant conductor Alison Gaines will lead the Bolling Team, a group of ESO musicians, in a program of musical selections from various styles and eras. $7-$25. 630-941-0202 or elmhurstsymphony.org.
• "Grace Hajeck Memorial Concert" with the McHenry County College's Concert Band and Chorus: 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19, in the Luecht Conference Center at McHenry County College, 8900 U.S. Hwy. 14, Crystal Lake. Concert is performed in memory of Grace Hajeck, a former adjunct instructor of piano and organ at MCC. Program features classical and contemporary selections. Free. (815) 479-7814.
• College of Lake County's Jazz Ensembles Concert: 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19, James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts at the College of Lake County, 19351 W. Washington St., Grayslake. Performance features drummer Jeff Hamilton. $7-$8. Youth younger than 18 are free. clcillinois.edu.
• America: 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19, Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. Tickets start at $59 for Saturday, and $55 for Sunday's show. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com.
• Ana Gabriel: 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19, Rosemont Theatre, 5400 N. River Road, Rosemont. Tickets start at $99. ticketmaster.com.
• Halsey -- Fountain Kingdom World Tour: 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19, Allstate Arena, 6920 N. Mannheim Road, Rosemont. Tickets start at $29.50. ticketmaster.com.
• LJ Booth and Chris Kokesh: 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19, Grayslake Heritage Center, 164 Hawley St., just off Main Street and Hwy. 83, Grayslake. Folk. Suggested admission donation is $13-$18. Concert is sponsored by the Lake County Folk Club. Call (847) 602-8882 for reservations. Visit thelakecountyfolkclub.org.
• The Feral Ghosts, Rosaries, Uncouth, Atonement Theory: 8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19, Wire, 6815 W. Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. $8. (708) 669-9473 or wireismusic.com.
• Scott Collins, The Hang Union, OUTDrejas, Spit G & the Most Low: 8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19, Elbo Room, 2871 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. $5. (773) 549-5549 or elboroomlive.com.
• Ike Reilly Rock & Roll Food Drive: 6:30 p.m. (doors at 5:30 p.m.) Monday, Nov. 20, Mickey Finn's Brewery, 345 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville. $20 in advance, $15 in advance for guests younger than 21, $25 at the door. (847) 362-6688 or brownpapertickets.com.
Information is provided by entertainment venues. Check with venue before purchasing tickets. For more concert listings, visit dailyherald.com/calendar.