Beloved singer and songwriter Barry Manilow ("Mandy," "Even Now") performs a rescheduled concert Saturday at the Allstate Arena, 6920 N. Mannheim Road, Rosemont. $15-$20 parking. (800) 745-3000 or allstatearena.com. 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 29
DuPage County Fair
David Nail performs at 8:45 p.m. Saturday. Animal and 4-H exhibits, student art contest, music, beer garden, tractor parade, classic car show, bags tournament, petting zoo, carnival rides, rodeo at noon and 4 p.m. Saturday, demolition derby at 1 and 6 p.m. Sunday and more. $4-$10. Free for kids younger than 3 and seniors after 3 p.m. Friday. dupagecountyfair.org. 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 29 and 30, at the DuPage County Fairgrounds, 2015 Manchester Road, Wheaton.
There are hayrides, face-painting and more at the Randall Oaks Zoo Summerfest this weekend at Randall Oaks Zoo, 1180 N. Randall Road, West Dundee. $4. (847) 551-4312 or dtpd.org. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 29 and 30
See 4-H exhibits, hop on carnival rides and nosh on funnel cakes and popcorn at the 89th Annual Lake County Fair at the Lake County Fairgrounds, 1060 E. Peterson Road, Grayslake. Don't miss the pig racing, battle of the bands at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, music on multiple stages, wine- and beer-making demos, truck and tractor pulls, pro rodeo stampede at 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday, demolition derby at 1 p.m. Sunday and more. $10 for adults, with discounts available for children, seniors and members of the military. (847) 680-7200 or lcfair.com. 10 a.m. to midnight Saturday, July 29; and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, July 30
The Homegrown Arts & Music Festival celebrates its fifth year bringing fans, artists and musicians together. The daylong festival features nearly 30 musical acts on three stages, along with 15 art vendors and the full food and drink menu at BaseCamp Pub, 5750 Lakeside Drive, Lisle. Tickets are $15 at the door, but $12 discounted tickets are available from band members before the event. (331) 777-4712, basecamppub.com or homegrownartsandmusicfestival.com. 1 p.m. Saturday, July 29
Tumble for you
Ashton Locklear and Ragan Smith, two replacement athletes for the 2016 Olympics, will headline the U.S. Classic Gymnastics competition this weekend at the Sears Centre Arena, Hoffman Estates. $79-$129; $15 parking. (888) 732-7784 or searscentre.com or usagymclassic.com. Junior Session at 1 p.m. Saturday, July 29; Senior Session at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 29
Incubus' third album, "Make Yourself," pushed the hardworking California band into the spotlight, with a solid blend of introspective nu metal-edged alternative rock hits ("Pardon Me," "Stellar") and the surprisingly tender ballad "Drive." The band's visit to Tinley Park's Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre is a great pairing with Jimmy Eat World, which found success skating along the edge between alternative rock optimism and pop-punk angst. Come ready to dance along to the hits "Bleed American," "The Middle," "A Praise Chorus" and more. Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, 19100 Ridgeland Ave., Tinley Park. Tickets start at $29. (708) 614-1616 or tinleyparkamphitheatre.com. 6:45 p.m. Saturday, July 29
As seen on TV
Comedian Nick Guerra ("Last Comic Standing," "Gabriel Iglesias' Stand Up Revolution") starts a series of standup gigs Thursday at the Improv Comedy Showcase, 5 Woodfield Road, Schaumburg. $22 plus a two-item purchase. (847) 240-2001 or chicago.improv.com. 7 and 9:15 p.m. Saturday, July 29; and 7 p.m. Sunday, July 30
Former Ravinia Festival music director Christoph Eschenbach returns to conduct the Chicago Symphony Orchestra this weekend. Itzhak Perlman performs music from the movies on Saturday at 418 Sheridan Road, Highland Park. $25-$150 pavilion tickets; $10 lawn seating. (847) 266-5100 or ravinia.org. 7 p.m. gala Saturday, July 29
Since May, 16 area bands have been putting their hearts and souls into the Side Street Studio Arts Battle of the Bands for a chance at a grand prize package. The final four -- Phantoms & Pestilence, Mt. Pocono, Accidentally on Purpose and Beach Bunny -- remain for the semi-finals, playing out over two nights this weekend. Head to the Elgin studio to support your favorites or discover somebody new. Accidentally on Purpose and Beach Bunny perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 29, at Side Street Studio Arts, 15 Ziegler Court, Elgin. $5 suggested donation. (847) 429-2276 or sidestreetstudioarts.org.
Comedian Karen Rontowski continues performing her off-kilter style of standup comedy this weekend at the Zanies at Pheasant Run Resort, 4051 E. Main St., St. Charles. $22 plus a two-item purchase. (630) 524-0001 or stcharles.zanies.com. 7:30 and 9:45 p.m. Saturday, July 29
A Texas son
The Grammy Award-winning Lyle Lovett and His Large Band perform modern country music and more on Saturday at the Chicago Theatre, 175 N. State St., Chicago. $49.50-$79.50. (800) 745-3000 or thechicagotheatre.com. 8 p.m. Saturday, July 29
For a Chicago-born band with some pretty high-level connections, Above Waves sure has flown under the radar locally lately. It's surprising, considering the band's level of alt-pop polish. Their stage presence is nothing short of magnetic. And frontman Ryan Bradley soars above the crowd vocally (with Bryan Walker's bass, Creighton Bibbs on guitar and Lance Bennett behind the drums). Get a taste of Above Waves when the band joins Chicago hip-hop artist Mikey to the P and DJ Butl3r in supporting rapper Shwayze in Lombard this weekend. Brauerhouse, 1000 N. Rohlwing Road, Lombard. $13-$15. (630) 495-2141 or brauerhouse.com. 9 p.m. Saturday, July 29
More than 20 restaurants provide all-you-can-eat wings while competing for the title of Best of the 'Burbs at the 17th annual Wingfest. The event sponsored by the Woodfield Area Children's Organization is on Sunday at Drink, 871 E. Algonquin Road, Schaumburg. $35 (includes wings and two drinks). For ages 21 and older. (630) 415-5334 or waco4kids.org. Noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, July 30; bags tourney at 2 p.m.
'Elvis' is in the park
Chicago native and Elvis Presley tribute artist Rick Saucedo performs music from Presley's Las Vegas shows -- as well as hits from other singers of the 1950s -- in his "Rock-n-Roll Oldies" show in the band shell at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. Bring lawn chairs or blankets for seating. Free with paid $10 parking. cantigny.org. 3 p.m. Sunday, July 30
• Chicago Symphony Orchestra with conductor James Conlon and violinist Itzhak Perlman: 7 p.m. Saturday, July 29, Ravinia Festival, 201 Ravinia Park Road, Highland Park. Classical selections and more. $25-$150. Lawn seats $10. ravinia.org.
• Dark Heart News, Apache Grosse, Furious Frank, King By Friday: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 29, Cubby Bear, 1059 W. Addison St., Chicago. $7-$10. (773) 327-1662 or cubbybear.com.
• Loverboy: 8 p.m. Saturday, July 29, Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main Street, St. Charles. $39. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com.
• El Famous, Deadships, When We Was Kids, Capital Vices: 8:30 p.m. Saturday, July 29, Lincoln Hall, 2424 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. $5. (773) 525-2501 or lh-st.com.
• Kashmir: 8:30 p.m. Saturday, July 29, Broken Oar, 614 Rawson Bridge Road, Port Barrington. Rock (Led Zeppelin tribute show). (847) 639-9468 or brokenoar.com.
• The Brokedowns, Bird Sounds, Rad Payoff, High Priests: 9 p.m. Saturday, July 29, Quenchers Saloon, 2401 N. Western Ave., Chicago. $6. (773) 276-9730 or quenchers.com.
• Afterlife featuring Prok & Fitch: 10 p.m. Saturday, July 29, Annex Nightclub, 1958 W. North Ave., Chicago. $10. (630) 291-5986 or afterlifechi.com.
• The Belvederes: 2 p.m. Sunday, July 30, Nero's Pizza & Pub, 300 Eastgate Court, Algonquin. No cover. (847) 458-0282 or nerospub.com.
• Jeff Brown and Alex Gilewicz: 3 p.m. Sunday, July 30, at City Winery Riverwalk, 11 W. Riverwalk South, Chicago. Free. (312) 229-5593 or citywinery.com.
• West Suburban Symphony with "Rock On" concert: 4:30 p.m. Sunday, July 30, Wentz Concert Hall at North Central College, 171 E. Chicago Avenue, Naperville. Classic rock, with tunes from The Beatles, Billy Joel, Michael Jackson and others. $5-$24. Youth 12 and younger are free (but a ticket is required). (630) 887-7464 or westsubsymphony.org.
• 7 Minutes in Heaven, The Millennium, A Summer High, The Burst and Bloom, Howell: 6 p.m. Sunday, July 30, Wire, 6815 W. Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. $12-$15. (708) 669-9473 or wireismusic.com.
• Joe Jencks: 7 p.m. Sunday, July 30, Grayslake Heritage Center, 164 Hawley St., Grayslake. Call (847) 602-8882 for reservations. $13-$18. For information, visit thelakecountyfolkclub.org.
• Ted Nugent: 7:30 p.m. Sunday and Monday, July 30-31, Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. $49-$75. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com.
• Mary J. Blige: 8 p.m. Sunday, July 30, The Chicago Theatre, 175 N. State St., Chicago. R&B. $60.50-$176. thechicagotheatre.com.
• Lisle Community Jazz Band: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 1, on the Lisle Park District's stage, on east side of the Lisle Park District building at 1825 Short St., Lisle. Free. 630-853-6196 or lislecommunityband.org.
• Ear Candy at Barrington Park District Summer Concerts in the Park: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 2, Citizens Park, 511 Lake Zurich Road, Barrington. Rock. Free. (847) 381-0687 or barringtonparkdistrict.org.
• 52nd Street at Rosemont's Rockin in the Park: 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 3, MB Financial Park, 5501 Park Place, Rosemont. Pop/rock; musical tribute to Billy Joel. Fireworks follow concert. Free. (847) 349-5008 or rosemont.com.
• Shawn Mendes: 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 3, Allstate Arena, 6920 N. Mannheim Road, Rosemont. Pop/rock. For ticket information, visit ticketmaster.com.
• 1976 band at Lisle's PrairieWalk Pond Summer Concert Series: 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 3, at PrairieWalk Pond, at the intersection of Garfield Burlington avenues, downtown Lisle. Free. (630) 769-1000 or stayinlisle.com.
Information is provided by entertainment venues. Check with venue before purchasing tickets. For more concert listings, see our events calendar at dailyherald.com.