- Working Together to Make Life Better
- Home to "Wind Sculptures" -- nine metal sculptures at Wood Dale and Irving Park roads that respond to wind currents of the day.
- 41.963062, -87.978347
- Paul Machynia of Itasca practices hitting at the indoor Golf Dome at Salt Creek in Wood Dale. Bev Horne | Staff
- The first of a couple dozen or so kids and adults start to straggle across the new footbridge in Wood Dale over Irving Park Rd. They are part of a procession of sorts, from a nearby school to the Target parking lot for the official dedication. Scott Sanders | Staff
- British Export plays Beatles tunes for folks at Franzen Grove during the Sounds of Summer concert series in Wood Dale. Bev Horne | Staff
- Folks listen to the group British Export play Beatles tunes at Franzen Grove during the Sounds of Summer concert series in Wood Dale. Bev Horne | Staff
- General shots of Wood Dale Community Church Brian Hill | Staff
- No Caption Daily Herald Staff Photo
- Children rush to gather eggs during the Easter egg hunt at Franzen Grove Park in Wood Dale Saturday. Brian Hill | Staff
- Josh Ryan, left, 11, of Boy Scout Troop 65, salutes the flag with other scouts as the Wood Dale Police Color Guard presents the colors during a Flag Day memorial ceremony at Veteran's Memorial in Wood Dale. Marcelle Bright | Staff
- NEDSRA students enjoy a hayride as they get a taste of 1800's life from the volunteers at the Cabin Nature Center in Wood Dale. Scott Sanders | Staff
- Kids look for sunken pennies in the kiddy pool during the penny plung , during Wood Dale night out.Lee photo Ed Lee | Staff
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Addison District 4 (Elementary)
- DuPage High School District 88 (High school)
- Fenton High School District 100 (High school)
- Itasca District 10 (Elementary)
- Lake Park High School District 108 (High school)
- Wood Dale District 7 (Elementary)
- Wood Dale Park District
Daily Herald Communities
- DuPage County
- Colin Brady
- Computer animator; was lead animator on "Toy Story, supervising animator of "A Bug's Life" and co-director of "Toy Story 2."
- Henry Hyde
- Longtime congressman who represented the 6th District from 1975 until his death in 2007. Famous for giving his name to the Hyde Amendment, prohibiting use federal funds for elective abortion.
- James "Pate" Philip
- Member of Illinois House 1966-75 and influential Republican in the Illinois Senate 1975-2003, where he served as both the minority and majority leader. James "Pate" Philip State Park named after him.
- Jim Spivey
- Three-time middle distance Olympic runner, who got his start on the cross country team at Fenton High School.