- The Lilac Village
- Lombard was one of the few towns in the nation where women voted before the passage of the 19th Amendment.
- 41.875979, -88.01506
- Jack Sarocka,21/2, pushes his brother Sam, 23 months, on the swing as Sierra Innis,3, right, sits on her swing, as they enjoyed more mild January temps with their moms at TLC Playground at Sunset Knoll park in Lombard. Bev Horne | Staff
- (L) Keven yes (KEVEN) Ward 15 of Lombard pulls Jason Schaefer 13 of Lom. as they take park in a sled pulling race during the Winter Carnival at the Log Cabin In Lombard. Ed Lee | Staff
- Bob Schmitt, of Lombard joging along Illinois Prairie Path, in Lombard. during a nice day in Chicago. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- (L) Katie Rose 3.5 and (R) Kylie Daly 4 both of Lombard get pullued along in the 5O's rock and roll wagon float, during the annual Lilac Parade in Lombard. Ed Lee | Staff
- Honorary Grand Marshal and NASA Astronaut Dan Tani greets the crowd during the Lilac Parade on sunday. Shot in Lombard by Jonathan House. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- Maeve Martin, 5, gets a whiff of some lilacs that are already in bloom in Lilacia Park in Lombard. She was on an outing with her sister Bridget, 4 and their grandma. Bev Horne | Staff
- The cheerleaders from Glenbard East lead the band in the annual Lilac parade in downtown Lombard. Scott Sanders | Staff
- Lilac Time art and craft fair in downtown Lombard. Eileen Neff, of Buffalo Grove, right, hands a purchased sign to Dorothy Pszamka, left, of Lombard. Eileen and her husband Richard Neff, center make all their signs themselves. Richard does the woodwork, they both do the painting, but Eileen does the detail painting. "She's got the steady hand." says Richard. Scott Sanders | Staff
- An over all of the food booth's at the Taste of Lombard at Madison Meadow Park. Over 20 vendors had food for sale during this event. Paul Michna | Staff
- Third day of festivities at Taste of Lombard held at Madison Meadow Park on Sunday, June 28, 2009. Brad Meyer | Staff
- The Treehouse, play area, at Yorktown Mall, in Lombard. Daily Herald Staff Photo
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Glenbard East High School
- 1014 S. Main St.
Lombard, Il 60148
- Glenbard West High School
- 670 Crescent Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, Il 60137
- Forest Green/White
- Montini Catholic High School
- 19W070 16th St.
Lombard, Il 60148
- Willowbrook High School
- 1250 S. Ardmore Av.
Villa Park, Il 60181
- Columbia Blue/Silver
- Addison District 4 (Elementary)
- DuPage High School District 88 (High school)
- Glen Ellyn District 89 (Elementary)
- Glenbard High School District 87 (High school)
- Lombard District 44 (Elementary)
- Marquardt District 15 (Elementary)
- Villa Park District 45 (Elementary)
Daily Herald Communities
- DuPage County
- Dan Tani
- Space shuttle astronaut grew up in Lombard, graduated from Glenbard East High School.
- David Orr
- The Cook County Clerk graduated from Glenbard East High School.
- Harold Gray
- Comic strip artist created "LIttle Orphan Annie" when he lived on South Stewart Street in Lombard.
- History of DuPage County: DuPage Roots, History of Lombard by Margot Fruehe
- Joanna Krupa
- Former Playboy cover girl/bikini model/"Dancing with the Stars" contestant is a 1997 graduate of Glenbard East High School.
- Daily Herald
- Mary Doria Russell
- Pulitzer Prize-nominated science fiction writer ("The Sparrow," "Children of God") is a Glenbard East High School alum.