- A Real Home Town
- The first European credited with living in the area is George Ela, who built his log cabin in Deer Grove in 1835.
- 60067, 60074, 60095
- 42.116885, -88.040613
- Kindergartner Ruben Ozaeta (in dead center) waves a blue pom pom as a form of applause, during an assembly of the student body touting the various virtues of her school, and why they deserved the blue ribbon award. at the Pleasent Hill School in Palatine. Toby Morris | Staff
- Monica Ciukas, 18, Palatine, a senior at Pal. HS, builds a snowman in front of her house on Juniper St. after a foot of snow fell overnight in the Northwest suburbs causing schools to close and making traffic problems. Gilbert R. Boucher II | Staff
- Fall colors of the trees overwhelm the path in the Palatine forest preserve. Cook Winner - Wes Dorszewski
- Fremd's Cathy Mangan (31) takes it to the hoop against the Buffalo Grove double team of Molly Wendell, left and Jennifer Guth, right. Daniel White | Staff
- Philippe Chouinard, 3, of Cary, left, and Ben Zaley, 3, of Schaumburg talk about trains at during Saturday's railroad show at Harper College. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Downtown Palatine, early 1900's. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- The Palatine High School Class of 2009 holds their commencement ceremony at the school Sunday in Palatine. Mark Black | Staff
- Sydney Wiebe, 7, of Palatine and her collie Shiloh participate in a contest at the Palatine canine carnival at the Fred P. hall Amphitheater Thursday. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Palatine Jaycees Hometown Festival at Community Park on Wednesday July 1st. George LeClaire | Staff
- Exterior view of the Palatine Library. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Jim Schwantz and his wife Brenda thank supporters during his party at Durty Nellies, Palatine. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Firefighter/Paramedic Dale Stankiewicz places a wreath at the Palatine Firefighters Memorial during the Patriot Day Ceremony in Palatine. Bob Chwedyk | Staff
- Overview of the Family Aquatic Center, Palatine. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Exterior of new Palatine fire station at 987 E. Palatine Rd. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- The clock tower at the Palatine train station and volunteer park. Mark Black | Staff
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Cook County
- Carol Marin
- Peabody Award-winning TV journalist.
- Frederik Pohl
- Hugo Award- and Nebula Award-winning science fiction writer.
- Pohl's personal website
- Jim Schwantz
- Retired NFL Pro Bowl linebacker; won a Super Bowl with Dallas; now mayor of Palatine.
- Len Rohde
- Offensive lineman for the San Francisco 49ers 1960-1974.
- Pro Football Reference website
- Maria Pinto
- Fashion designer, a favorite of First Lady Michelle Obama.
- Maria Pinto website
- Mauro Fiore
- Oscar-winning cinematographer; worked on "Avatar."
- Daily Herald archives
- Ted Nugent
- Rock star known as the Motor City Madman, lived in Palatine as a teenager. A boulder outside of Durty Nellie's honors his mother, Marion "Ma" Nugent.
- Ted Nugent's website