Reflejos competed with publications from all over the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, all of which offer news and information to the growing Latino community.
The awards recognize the dedication of Reflejos staff and the informational and creative format Reflejos strives to deliver to its readers in eight counties.
"These awards are extremely gratifying and are confirmation that we, at Reflejos, are touching the points of importance within our community," said Linda Siete, Reflejos manager of sales and operations.
Reflejos' annual Reflecting Excellence event was again recognized for its positive impact within the suburban Latino community.
"It is an evening where we recognize the businesses and organizations who 'Reflect Excellence' in their services and products delivered to our community," the nomination read. "It also brings folks from all parts of the community together to celebrate each other and embrace our diversity."
The National Association of Hispanic Publications awards won by Reflejos are:
• Entertainment section Mango won a Gold Award for Outstanding Entertainment Section.
• "Generations at Risk," a three-part series that shows a distinct correlation between poverty and poor academic performance, won a Gold Editorial Award.
• A Silver Award for Overall Design in a Tabloid format.
• A Silver Award for Lifestyle section -- the Weddings & Quinceaneras special section.
• Reflejos' coverage of the Chicago Auto Show won a Silver Award for its inside design spread and coverage.
• Reflejos' 25th anniversary edition won a Bronze in Front Page Design.
• The Reflecting Excellence awards sponsored by Reflejos, were given a Bronze Award.
Reflejos Publications, a member of the Daily Herald Media Group, is celebrating 26 years of serving the suburban Chicago Latino community.
The 2016 Reflecting Excellence event is approaching. It will be from 5:30-8 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 15 at Stonegate Banquet and Conference Center, 2401 W. Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates. Keynote speaker Julia Vera will talk about her journey from Laredo, Texas to Disney Studios in Los Angeles. For information, see www.Facebook.com/ReflejosNewspaper.