1. The death of a 31-year-old Carpentersville man following a traffic stop by police there Aug. 24 is being investigated by Illinois State Police, but neither village, coroner's or state officials would comment over the weekend on what happened.
2. An Aurora University student is facing charges he accosted another student in her dorm room, Aurora police said.
Contact information ( * required )
3. Columnist Burt Constable tells how 8-year-old Lisa Mongillo of Arlington Heights survived countless medical treatments for leukemia and grew up to be a 25-year-old comedy writer and performer in Chicago.
4. Respected suburban theater owner and concert promoter Ron Onesti hopes he can revitalize the shuttered Des Plaines Theatre, but whether he or anyone else will get the chance is in limbo.
5. A pilot flying a helicopter made an emergency landing on a Hanover Park youth football field Saturday, authorities said, adding that efforts to extract it from the site did major damage to the facility.
6. A sophisticated digital forensics lab at Elgin Community College is providing local police with a way to bypass backlogs at state and federal crime labs while learning new skills.
7. A 23-year-old McHenry County woman has been ticketed following a three-vehicle crash in Des Plaines that sent nearly a dozen people to the hospital Saturday afternoon, authorities said.
8. A 92-year-old Naperville woman was killed Sunday afternoon in a two-vehicle crash on Route 59 in Aurora, according to authorities.
9. Fox Lake village officials, courted four times since 1998 by developers looking to build a hotel on the Chain O' Lakes, hope the fifth proposal will be the one to finally succeed.
10. You couldn't tip over a TARDIS (that would be Dr. Who's time machine) at the Wizard World Chicago Comic Con at Rosemont's Donald E. Stephens Convention Center Saturday without hitting someone decked out in the iconic time-traveler's red bow tie, matching fez and brown tweed jacket.