NEW YORK -- Dozens of celebrities have helped fuel the success of the ice bucket challenge for ALS. Here are a few examples:
• Rocker Dave Grohl and his band, The Foo Fighters, spoofed the blood dump scene from the horror movie "Carrie."
• Actor James Franco, who seems to enjoy provoking conversation, took his ice bucket challenge wearing only a T-shirt.
• Kermit the Frog, not to be outdone by James Franco, declared he was the first to take the ice bucket challenge in the buff.
• Vogue editor Anna Wintour ditched her steely image to get her hair wet. Well, a little wet, anyway.
• Tom Cruise, who never seems to back down from a challenge, sat through not one but eight buckets of water being dumped on his head.
• Gabrielle Union tried to take the challenge wearing a shower cap to protect her hair, but someone off-camera pulls it off before she gets doused in water.
• Lindsay Lohan reached high when she took the challenge by nominating Prince Harry to join in. So far, no word from the royal.