1. Cyclists urinating on lawns. Motorists driving bikers off the road. Homeowners pelting cyclists with objects as they ride by. Yep, a feud over Barrington Hills' scenic roadways has definitely gotten out of hand.
2. An Aurora man was killed and his girlfriend wounded when they were early Saturday morning while sitting in a parked car. Police suspect the shooting was gang related.
Contact information ( * required )
3. Refugees fleeing the latest round of violence in Iraq are seeking safety in the suburbs. Burt Constable tells the story of one refugee who's found a home in Glen Ellyn.
4. Police in Elgin are rallying around one of their own. Just days before his retirement in 2012, former police sergeant Tom Linder suffered a debilitating stroke. Now his onetime peers are hosting a fundraiser Aug. 28 to help with his family's mounting medical costs.
5. As usual, Million Day was about more than just the races at Arlington International Racecourse. Fashion and the social aspects of a day at the track were on full display.
6. Shop often at Jewel-Osco? If so, you might want to check your credit reports and monthly statements after the Itasca-based company announced Friday it had suffered a data breach.
7. What's it worth to Glen Ellyn area voters to keep commercial development -- like, say, a gas station -- off the corner of Butterfield Road and Route 53? The Butterfield Park District hopes $3 million is the answer.
8. Local youth sports coaches don't like it, but Grant High School athletics are on the move. District 124 leaders have voted to move the school's sports programs out of the North Suburban Conference into a yet-to-be-named conference made up of smaller schools.
9. Elgin police believe they've solved a string of robberies at retailers in the city. Authorities arrested a 52-year-old city resident on charges related to three robberies including the Aug. 13 armed holdup of an Aldi store on Randall Road.
10. Fortunately no one was injured, but a fire Saturday caused extensive damage to Gurnee Donuts and a neighboring HoneyBaked Ham store. Authorities say the cause does not appear suspicious.