Nineteen people will join the Mundelein High School staff when the 2014-15 term begins on Tuesday, Aug. 12.
The new employees include:
Contact information ( * required )
• Jaime Adkins, a physical education teacher. Adkins holds a degree from Quincy University and previously taught health, physical education and driver's education in Florida.
• Julie Block, a math teacher. She is a recent graduate from the University of Iowa.
• Ceola Clark, an English instructional aide. Clark is a graduate of Western Illinois University. He has been a coach at MHS in recent years.
• Braden Cretacci, an English teacher. Cretacci earned a degree from Southern Illinois University and worked at Mundelein High as an instructional aide last year. He has previous teaching and coaching experience in Winnetka and in Tennessee. He is a Mundelein High graduate.
• Jose Gonzalez, a Spanish teacher. He earned degrees from Trinity University and Eastern Illinois University. Gonzalez previously worked as an ESL assistant in Hoffman Estates and had a previous career in finance.
• Kelly Hall, a business education teacher. Hall graduated from Illinois State University and has previous teaching experience at Grant and Glenbard East high schools.
• Janey Joiner, an English instructional aide. She holds a degree from Loyola University and has worked at Aqsa School in Bridgeview.
• Ethan Karolczak, a social studies teacher. He graduated from Illinois Wesleyan University and taught at Lane Tech High School in Chicago for nine years.
• Chris Lagioia, the social studies department chair. He previously served as social studies department chair at Dundee-Crown High School.
• Amber Malone, a special education instructional aide.
• Michelle Musial, a social worker.
• Kevin Myers, the district superintendent. He previously served as superintendent of Streator High School District 40 for five years.
• Isela Ocampo, a receptionist.
• Marc Popovici, a special education instructional aide.
• Jonathan Pruc, an art teacher.
• Susana Ramirez, a Spanish teacher.
• Valerie Riley, a special-education teacher. She has previous teaching experience in Northbrook and Batavia.
• Alison Stephans, the physical education department chair.
• Janette Swanston, a school nurse. Swanston has 11 years' experience as a school nurse.