Glen Ellyn's business community will get a little bigger in the next few months with several establishments scheduled to open, offering goods and services ranging from Mexican food to pet supplies.
Here's a quick look at some of the new businesses:
• Cucine Studio at 476 N. Main St. will be an upscale kitchen and bathroom studio, Glen Ellyn Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Mike Formento said.
The studio will offer products imported from Italy and Formento expects it to open in August.
• A Mexican restaurant, a toda madre, will move into the space formerly occupied by the Honey Cafe at 499 N. Main St. and offer staples such as tacos and guacamole.
Julio Cano, director of business for Bien Trucha Inc., said the company hasn't set an opening date yet but is "hoping for mid-September."
The Glen Ellyn location will be the newest site in the Bien Trucha family, which also has a restaurant and concept kitchen in Geneva. Cano said the restaurant is working to put items on the menu that would be unique to Glen Ellyn.
• A Hardee's at 404 Roosevelt Road will replace a vacant Chinese restaurant now on the property.
"Roosevelt Road is such a high-traffic street that it won't be just Glen Ellyn obviously that will be participating there; they'll be getting anybody who goes up and down that road and is familiar with the Hardee's reputation," Formento said.
• Pet Supplies Plus at 299 Roosevelt Road will be moving from its Wheaton location on Roosevelt to this new address in Glen Ellyn. The store is expected to open later this year and it will remodel the building that sits on the property, Formento said.
• Autumn Leaves at 190 Geneva Road is an assisted-living/memory care facility expected to open in the fall, officials said. The facility will care for those suffering from Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia. It will have 46 beds.