More than 10,000 of America's best and brightest youth traveled to the historic city of Nashville to make some history of their own as they showcased their talents as future business leaders.
Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda the largest and oldest student business organization, held its National Leadership Conference in Nashville recently. Participants from across the United States and two countries were in attendance for this exciting conference to sharpen their core business skills, expand their networks, and participate in more than 60 business and business-related competitive events.
Contact information ( * required )
Six members from Warren Township High School received national recognition at the FBLA Awards of Excellence. Allison Lu competed in Business Communications and brought home eighth place; Allison Lu and Christie Clark competed in American Enterprise Project and placed fifth; Jeremy Herzog and Cameron Kern competed in Digital Video Production and placed fourth; and Carolyn Kalinowski represented Illinois in the Who's Who event which honors the most active FBLA member in the state.
Warren junior Ruben Torres was elected to the position of FBLA National Treasurer for the upcoming year. He had his training as a national officer in Washington, D.C. Alex Eveland and Carolyn Kalinowski were honored at the North-Central Regional Meeting for achieving the America level, the highest level attainable, in the Business Achievement Awards program. Only a small percentage of members ever reach that level.
Other Warren chapter members in attendance were Tony Amrozowicz, Mike Balla, Steven Brown, Catie Diaz, William Eveland, Jack Hansen, Asif Huq, Ammar Khan, Sahiti Kolli, Connor Leden, Haiwen Liu, Will Liu, Laura Mahnke, Julie Martinez, Andrew Nickell, Jay Nickell, Julia Papillon, Austin Salisbury, Camila Sanchez, Roshan Shankar, Dhara Shukla, Druti Shukla, Andrew Urh, Matt Wiechert, Josh Winkler and Ethan Wisniewski.
FBLA advisers Cheryl Anderson, Chris Mason, Mae Vogel and Kelly Wilkerson attended the conference, as well as Warren teacher and chaperon, Matt Vogel; and Angela Zirkle, FBLA-PBL Professional Division member and chaperon.
Warren received the following chapter awards:
• Gold Seal Chapter Award of Merit
• Outstanding Chapter
• First Place: Largest FBLA Local Chapter in the North Central Region (fourth largest chapter in the nation with 427 members)
• Second Place: Largest Professional Division Membership in the North Central Region
• Non-stop November
• Super Sweeps
• Action Awareness
• Kelly Wilkerson, Warren adviser, was appointed to the FBLA-PBL Board of Directors earlier this year. She served in her capacity at this conference by supervising dress code, presiding at regional meetings, administering the voting at the regional meeting, and leading adviser forums. Wilkerson will be a member of the board for three years, and we are excited to have her serving in this capacity.
For more information about this event and other FBLA activities, contact sponsors Chris Mason, at email@example.com or Kelly Wilkerson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• To submit Your news with one photo, go to dailyherald.com/share. To submit Your news with multiple photos, send it to nbrcalender@daily herald.com.