Twenty-five contestants will be competing in the 31st annual Kane County Fair Talent Contest at 7 p.m. Monday, July 14, in the Prairie Events Center at the Kane County Fairgrounds, 525 S. Randall Road, St. Charles.
Admission is free. Enter at Gate 2 on Miller Road behind the fairgrounds. Free parking is available just west of Gate 2.
The first-place finalists move on to automatically represent Kane County on Jan. 18, 2015, at the Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs Official Talent Contest State of Illinois competition in Springfield.
The first-round participants in the Junior Division (ages 14 and under) competing at 7 p.m. are:
• Dancers Alissa Chu, Karlee Smith and Haley Beilfuss, all of Batavia, in Jazz Hip-Hop Dance with the song "Invade."
• Soloist Sophia Peterson of Elgin with the song "Ave Maria."
• Soloist Dora Duhownik of St. Charles with the song "For Good."
• Soloist Olivia Kelley of Geneva with the song "Don't Know Why."
• Dancer Grace Lenighan of St. Charles with "Think of the Vocal."
• Soloist Francesca Carravetta of St. Charles with "Let it Go."
• Soloist Alexandra Duckett of St. Charles with "Skyfall."
• Lyrical dancer Erin Seales of St. Charles with "Let it Go."
• Geneva Cosmic Girls dancers Mia Soderquist Hansen of St. Charles and CJ Silverman, Meena Gosain, Kelli Kaufman and Sadie Zeller, all of Geneva, jazz dance.
At 9 p.m., the first-round participants in the Senior Division (ages 15 to 21) are:
• Pianists Lucy Avila and Amanda Maher, both of Batavia, duet, song, "C.S. Theme."
• Dancer Galina Knorst of St. Charles with the song "It Ends Tonight."
• Vocalist San Sandberg of Geneva with the song "Blown Away."
• Guitarist and vocalist Sean Seales of St. Charles with the song "Imagine."
• Vocalist Matt Skirmont of Batavia with the song "Ring of Fire."
• Guitarist Eric Bajorek of Gilberts with the song "Star-Spangled Banner."
• Vocalist Erin Newman of St. Charles with the song "Maybe this Time."
• Pianist and vocalist Alexis Nguyen of Pingree Grove with the song "New Day."
• Flutist Julia LeKander of Batavia with the song "Flight of the Bumble Bee."
Contestants will be judged on technique, stage presentation, audience appeal, and appearance. Cash prizes will be awarded in each division: first place, $200; second place, $125; and third place, $75. All other finalists will receive $20 per act.
Stop by and enjoy the talent contest winners' performances at 3 p.m. during the Kane County Fair on Saturday, July 19. For information on how to enter future contests, call (847) 622-9935 or email KaneCoTalent@aol.com.