Arlington Heights kicked off another summer outdoor concert series Thursday with the St. Viator jazz band performing at Harmony Park, at Vail and Campbell.
The Sounds of Summer will have a different performer every Thursday and Friday through Aug. 7 (except for dates that coincide with Frontier Days and Irish Fest).
The concerts, presented by The Peoples' Bank, are held from 7-8:30 p.m. in Harmony Park. Bring chairs and blankets; concerts will be canceled in bad weather. Notices will be placed in the park if a concert is canceled, or check at www.van.com or DiscoverArlington.com.
Also of note: The village is closing Vail Street on Friday nights this year due to the crowds last year.
Sounds of Summer music schedule
• Friday, June 6: Heartache Tonight, the Eagles tribute band.
• Thursday, June 12: Missed Opportunity, rock songs from the '70s to current.
• Friday, June 13: 25 or 6 to 4, a Chicago tribute band
• Thursday, June 19: Britbeat, the Beatles tribute band.
• Friday, June 20: Gone2Paradise, Jimmy Buffett music.
• Thursday, June 26: Illinois Brass Band.
• Friday, June 27: Big Fun, music from Motown to today's dance party music.
• Thursday, July 10: Small Potatoes, folk duo.
• Friday, July 11: Billy Elton, music of Billy Joel and Elton John.
• Thursday, July 17: Arlington Heights Community Concert Band.
• Friday, July 18: Arranmore, Irish folk music band.
• Thursday, July 24: Prairie Brass Band.
• Thursday, July 31: Barrett's Hidden Agenda, "Urban Americana from north of the Mason-Dixon"
• Friday, Aug. 1: The Blooze Brothers.
• Thursday, Aug. 7: Skip Towne & The Greyhounds, classic and rocking blues, jazz, swing and ballads.