• Liane Moriarty, author of the best-selling book "The Husband's Secret," will read from and sign copies of the book at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 1, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. Moriarty will also give fans a sneak preview of her forthcoming novel "Big Little Lies." (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Richard Peck, author of more than 35 novels for young readers, and a recipient of the Newbery Medal and Newbery Honor awards, will discuss his writing career at 7 p.m. Monday, June 2, at the Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Ave., Evanston. Peck's newest title is "The Mouse With the Question Mark Tail." Free; registration is required. (847) 448-8610, epl.org or visit the library.
Contact information ( * required )
• Meet author Naomi Wood as she reads from and signs copies of her newest title, "Mrs. Hemingway," at 7 p.m. Monday, June 2, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Chef and author Gale Gand signs copies of her new cookbook, "Gale Gand's Lunch!," at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 3, at Barnes and Noble, 297 Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook. (630) 684-0586 or barnesandnoble.com.
• Best-selling author Jim Butcher discusses and signs copies of his book "Skin Game," the latest title in his "Dresden Files" series, at 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 4, at Barnes and Noble, 55 Old Orchard Center, Skokie. (847) 676-2230 or barnesandnoble.com.
• "A Shiver of Light" author Laurell K. Hamilton discusses her new book at 7 p.m. Friday, June 6, at Barnes and Noble, 55 Old Orchard Center, Skokie. Pre-signed copies of Hamilton's book will be available at the event. Customers with the book, and proof of purchase from Barnes and Noble, can meet the author and pose for photos after the presentation. (847) 676-2230 or barnesandnoble.com.
• Mark Paul discusses his book "Becoming Self-Directed Learners" at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 7, at The Book Stall, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.