Two employees and two firefighters were injured in a hazardous situation Thursday afternoon at a Grayslake business.
The Grayslake Fire Department responded to A1 Cleaners, 322 E. Belvidere Road, after a call that a person had collapsed in the business, said Battalion Chief Joe Weidman.
The first responders said there appeared to be an equipment malfunction that had caused burns, possibly from steam, to the employee, he said.
Responders called in the Lake and McHenry County hazmat crews to assess the situation because of the chemicals at the site, but there was not a chemical spill as originally reported, Weidman said.
Weidman said a chemical spill was ruled out early in the response and there was no danger to the area.
Route 120 was shut down for about three hours in the area because of crews on the scene but was reopened Thursday evening, he said.
The two employees of the cleaning business and two firefighters were taken to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville as a precaution with injuries that were not life-threatening, Weidman said.
A1 Cleaners and the other businesses in the small strip mall remained closed Thursday night.