The Millennium Carillon in Moser Tower and the Visitor Center will open for the 2014 season Saturday, May 3, at the foot of Rotary Hill along Naperville's downtown Riverwalk.
Visitors can climb the 253 steps to the top of the 160-foot tower and enjoy a spectacular view while learning about the workings of the carillon, its history and its unique features.
Contact information ( * required )
Operating hours are from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 6 p.m. Sundays. The tower also will open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays, May 23 through Aug. 15.
The carillon summer recital series begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 3, featuring carillonneurs from the Netherlands, France, Canada and the United States.
Recital series performers are:
• June 3: Frans Haagen from Netherlands;
• June 10: Stefano Colletti from Douai, France;
• June 17: Jim Brown from Naperville;
• June 24: Andree-Anne Doane from Oratoire St. Joseph Montreal, Canada;
• July 1: Jim Frackenthal, assistant University of Chicago carillonneur;
• July 8: Tim Sleep, city carillonneur, Naperville;
• July 15: Roy Lee from Toronto, Canada;
• July 22: David Hunsberger from Berkeley, Calif.
• July 29: Tiffany Lin and Michael Solotke from Washington, D.C., and New York City;
• Aug. 5: Julie Zhu from Chicago;
• Aug. 12: Auke de Coer and Adolph Rots from Groningen, Netherlands; and
• Aug. 19: Julia Littleton from Arlington, Va.
In addition to the Tuesday evening summer series, weekly recitals by local carillonneurs will take place at noon Saturdays, April through December. Weekly carillon concerts will be at 7 p.m. Saturdays, June through August, and 3 p.m. Sundays during April; 4 p.m. May through September; and 3 p.m. October through December.
For details about the 2014 carillon recitals, visit naperville-carillon.org/Recitals.