Breaking News Bar
posted: 3/11/2014 4:30 PM

Alice Gustafson PTO holds annual clothing, toy resale March 21, 22

Success - Article sent! close
Submitted by Alice Gustafson School PTO

The Alice Gustafson School PTO will host its annual Children's Clothing and Toy Resale from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, March 21, for adults only, and 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday, March 22, at the school, 905 Carlisle Road, Batavia. Admission is free.

The clothing and toy resale is a major fundraising event for the Alice Gustafson School PTO. Income from the sale will be used for educational programs, materials and equipment for the school's students and staff. The PTO will receive 40 percent of the sales profits, while the remaining 60 percent will go to the participants who sell items. The sale, now in its 29th year, features new or gently used infant through teen clothing for all seasons.

Bargains also include shoes, uniforms, sporting goods, costumes, books, games, videos, CDs, toys, maternity wear, baby equipment and furniture. Clothing is neatly organized by size and hung on garment racks filling the school's gymnasium. Other items are available on the school's stage and cafeteria.

Don't miss the super bargain bag sale from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Pay $5 for a plastic grocery-size bag and fill it to the brim with anything marked with a "D."

Volunteers help make the sale a success! Those who work a set number of hours will be eligible to shop at the Friday pre-sale. Sellers who volunteer at least six hours will receive a 70 percent sales profit and sellers who volunteer nine or more hours will receive 80 percent in sales, in addition to pre-sale eligibility.

For more information or to volunteer, visit, email at or call Jill at (630) 326-9282 or Kathy at (630) 747-6724.

Share this page