Breaking News Bar
updated: 3/9/2014 10:42 AM

Fire causes $150,000 damage to St. Charles home

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

An early morning fire Sunday in the kitchen of a St. Charles home caused an estimated $150,000 in damage, but residents were able to escape unharmed, authorities said.

The St. Charles Fire Department responded at 4:33 a.m. to the fire at 1723 Howard St. and were successful in stopping its spread before it extended to the rest of the house, officials said. Firefighters cleared the scene by 7:21 a.m. after completing overhaul operations and conducting the fire investigation

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The fire was caused by combustible materials left on a stove top, authorities said.

All five occupants inside the home at the time of the fire were able to exit the home safely and no firefighters were injured. One of the residents called 911 upon exiting the structure, according to the fire department.

The loss is estimated at $100,000 to the structure and $50,000 contents, the fire department reported.

The St. Charles Fire Department was assisted by the Geneva, Batavia and South Elgin fire departments. The Elburn Fire Department provided coverage while St. Charles units were fighting the fire.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here