Breaking News Bar
updated: 3/5/2014 11:42 PM

Dryer blamed for St. Charles townhouse fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

Firefighters believe a clothes dryer sparked a townhouse fire Wednesday night on the 800 block of Pheasant Trail in St. Charles.

According to a news release, St. Charles firefighters responded to a resident's 911 call to find a blaze in a second-floor utility room at 9:09 p.m. They extinguished the fire in about 20 minutes, preventing it from spreading to the rest of the townhouse.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The resident of the unit was out of the home by the time firefighters arrived and was not injured.

Firefighters estimated the damage at $30,000.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.