The spring musical season is beginning at Community Unit District 300. The students will put on productions ranging from Broadway classics by Rodgers and Hammerstein and Bernstein and Sondheim to an edgy comedy musical to Disney favorites.
• Jacobs High School presents the satirical comedy "Urinetown: The Musical" at 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, Feb. 27-28 and March 1; 7 p.m. Friday, March 7; and 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday, March 8, at the school, 2601 Bunker Hill Road in Algonquin. This 2002 Tony Award-winning comedy contains mature material and is not generally geared toward children. Tickets are $10. To purchase tickets, contact the Jacobs main office at (847) 532-6100 or contact Choral Director Jake Stouffer at email@example.com
• Westfield Community School presents the musical "Oklahoma!" at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday, March 6-7; and 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, in the school's large gym, 2100 Sleepy Hollow Road in Algonquin. Tickets for the classic Rodgers and Hammerstein Broadway musical are $5. Visit wcs.d300.org.
• Hampshire High School presents "Guys and Dolls" at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, March 7-8; and 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, at the school, 1600 Big Timber Road. The musical, first produced on Broadway in 1950, features music and lyrics by Frank Loesser and the book by Jo Swerling and Abe Burrows. Tickets are $6 for students or seniors and $8 for adults. Reserved seating can be purchased in advance in the main office during school hours. General admission at the door. Visit hhs.d300.org.
• Dundee-Crown High School, 1 Charger Country in Carpentersville, presents "West Side Story" at 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, April 10-12; and 2 p.m. Sunday, April 13. For ticket information on the production featuring music by Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim, visit dchs.d300.org.
• Algonquin Middle School, 520 Longwood Drive, presents "Beauty and the Beast, Jr." at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 24; and 7 p.m. on Friday, April 25. Tickets are $4 for students and $8 for adults. Visit ams.d300.org.
• Carpentersville Middle School, 100 Cleveland Ave., presents "Pompom Cheerleader" at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, April 25-26. Tickets are $3 for students and $10 for adults. Visit cms.d300.org.
• Dundee Middle School presents "Seussical Jr." at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, April 25-26, at the Elgin Community College Blizzard Theatre, 1700 Spartan Drive. Tickets are $10 for students or seniors, and $12 for adults. To purchase tickets, call the ECC box office at (847) 622-0300.
• Hampshire Middle School, 560 S. State St., presents "Annie Jr." at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, April 25-26. Tickets are $3 for students, age 3-17, or seniors, and $5 for adults. To purchase tickets, use the order form that will be on hms.d300.org after spring break. Tickets also will be available at the door.