• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• A man in his late 30s stole a diamond ring valued at $9,000 around 6:32 p.m. Feb. 16 from Kohl's, 800 W Dundee Road. The man asked to see several rings before asking to look at the most expensive ring. He picked it up and fled, the jewelry employee said.
• Thieves stole 24 rolls valued under $10 between 4:30 and 9 a.m. Feb. 16 after a delivery driver left them outside Joe and Tusepi bakery, 952 S. Arthur. Someone has stolen rolls every Sunday for the last three years, reports added.
• A man on the 1900 block of North Kennicott was cheated when he put his 2001 Pontiac Montana van on sale on Craigslist. A male buyer and three others arrived between 8:30 and 9 p.m. Feb. 13 and took the car when the buyer gave the seller an envelope containing the agreed upon price of $2,500. On Feb. 14, the seller and his wife noticed that the bills were counterfeit and notified police, who, in turn put out an alert. An Illinois State Police officer stopped the car on a traffic violation and two men in the car were arrested. The names were not available.
• A man around 19 years old attempted to pay for cigarettes with a counterfeit $20 bill at Citgo gas station, 304 S. Arlington Heights Road. He fled when the clerk noted that the bill was a fake.
• A man was seen scratching the passenger's-side doors around 10:35 a.m. Feb. 14 on a 2013 Ford Fusion sedan in an office building lot at 95 W. Algonquin Road.
• Thieves stole a package containing tie rods between 8 and 11 a.m. Jan. 31 after a FedEx driver left it at the victim's front door on the 1800 block of South Pine Street. Value was estimated at $35.
• Nader Allababidi, 24, of the 9400 block of Maple Drive, Rosemont, was arrested around 6:20 p.m. Feb. 13 in an office at 2720 S. River Road and charged with assault and disorderly conduct. Report said he entered the office and sat at a desk, then when asked to leave, became angry and knocked over items on the manager's desk and threatened to beat the manager. A court date is March 24.
Elk Grove Village
• Burglars broke a door lock and a lock on a cash box and stole money in the box between 5 p.m. Feb. 7 and 5 a.m. Feb. 8 in an office at Kennicott Brothers, 880 Estes. Loss was estimated at $2,164.
• Thieves stole a 2005 Stoughton trailer between Dec. 30 and Jan. 15 out of a lot at 1900 Pratt Blvd. Value was estimated at $5,000.
• Thieves stole a 2001 Volvo tractor around 5:19 p.m. Feb. 8 out of a lot at 2111 Pratt Blvd. Value was estimated at $5,000.
• Thieves stole a coat after the female owner left it at a coat-check counter between 8 p.m. Jan. 18 and 1:55 a.m. Jan. 19 in a banquet hall, 1170 W. Devon Ave. Value was estimated at $420.
• Jonathan J. Groh, 21, of the 100 block of Babcock, Addison, was arrested around 10:50 p.m. Feb. 10 on the 1400 block of Elmhurst Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is Feb. 24.
• Kenneth M. Schaefer, 19, of the 100 block of North Waterford Drive, Schaumburg, was arrested around 4:45 p.m. Feb. 11 at Plum Grove and Sherwood roads and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. His court date is March 5.
• Michael P. Finn, 18, of the 600 block of North Maple Avenue, was arrested Jan. 31 at Mariano's Grocery, 545 N. Hicks Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him hide a bottle of liquor in his backpack.
• Burglars stole a toolbox and several tools between 11:59 p.m. Feb. 2 and 7:45 a.m. Feb. 5 out of the trunk of a 1994 Honda on the 200 block of South Park Lane.
• Ezequiel N. Quipildor, 18, of the 300 block of Surrey Road, Wheeling, was arrested around 5:42 p.m. Feb. 10 at Walmart, 1455 Lake-Cook Road and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him take a cellphone case and two sets of headphones. Value was estimated at $76. His court date is March 21.
• Thieves stole a catalytic converter between Feb. 4 and 11 from a 2002 Ford truck belonging to Hard Rock Concrete Cutters, 601 Chaddock Drive.
• Thieves stole a designer watch valued at $1,500 between 8 and 10 p.m. Feb. 10 out of a guest room at the Westin Hotel, 601 N. Milwaukee Ave.
• Burglars pried the front door and jamb between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Feb. 12 at an apartment on the 1100 block of Forums Court and stole a laptop, two cameras, camcorder and $130 in cash.