• Rolando Romero, 34, of High Chaparral Court, Elgin, was charged with two counts of stalking after he slashed someone's car tires on Thursday on the 100 block of Alfred Street, according to a police report.
• Marland Robinson, 30, of the 700 block of Thompson Street, Elgin, was charged Thursday with aggravated battery, obstructing/resisting a police officer, possession of between 2.5 grams and 10 grams of marijuana and criminal trespass, according to a police report. Robinson pushed the officer and grabbed his arm, police said.
• Cashay L. Clay, 26, of the 300 block of Commonwealth Avenue, Elgin, was charged with retail theft Thursday after he tried to take a portable wireless stereo without paying from a big box store on the 300 block of South Randall Road, according to a police report.
• Daniel D. Johnson, 36, who police said is homeless, was charged Thursday with failing to register as a sex offender and resisting or obstructing a police officer, according to a police report.
• Eight window screens worth $200 were stolen from a home on the 37W800 block of Acorn Lane near Elgin between Jan. 6 and Feb. 6, police said.
• A $300 Coach purse, which contained several credit cards, an iPhone and $300, was stolen between 3 and 3:45 p.m. Feb. 11 from the 40N900 block of Woodlawn Lane near Elgin.