Traffic map
Article updated: 2/4/2014 7:01 PM

St. Charles garage fire causes $30,000 in damage

  • Article
text size: AAA
By Daily Herald Report

A garage fire caused an estimated $30,000 in damage Tuesday afternoon in St. Charles, officials said.

No injuries were reported.

Advertisement

Firefighters arrived at 4:12 p.m. and found heavy fire on the exterior of a garage on the 900 block of Jackson Avenue; the garage had been converted into a single-unit apartment building. The fire was out in about 15 minutes, authorities said.

The cause of the fire is attributed to unattended open burning, officials said.

One of the two residents of the apartment was there at the time but was able to escape without injury and call 911.

The garage and a nearby vehicle were damaged in the fire, officials said.

The St. Charles Fire Department was assisted by the Geneva and Batavia fire departments.

Comments ()
We are now using Facebook comments to offer a more inclusive, social and constructive discussion. Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.

This article filed under

Latest Video

MostViewed

Today
Yesterday
Most Commented
Top Jobs

    View all Top Jobs Place a job ad

    MarketsReport

    DHExtras

       
    • Newspaper next section - Newspaper next section Report card checker - report card checker
    • Dh innovation award 2 - Dh innovation award 2 Zillow /real estate page
    • Discuss refer On Guard series
    • Newspaper archives -- Monday or anyday Mike North

    FacebookActivity

    BusinessDirectory

    Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:

    Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.