Breaking News Bar
updated: 2/4/2014 7:01 PM

St. Charles garage fire causes $30,000 in damage

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald Report

A garage fire caused an estimated $30,000 in damage Tuesday afternoon in St. Charles, officials said.

No injuries were reported.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Firefighters arrived at 4:12 p.m. and found heavy fire on the exterior of a garage on the 900 block of Jackson Avenue; the garage had been converted into a single-unit apartment building. The fire was out in about 15 minutes, authorities said.

The cause of the fire is attributed to unattended open burning, officials said.

One of the two residents of the apartment was there at the time but was able to escape without injury and call 911.

The garage and a nearby vehicle were damaged in the fire, officials said.

The St. Charles Fire Department was assisted by the Geneva and Batavia fire departments.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.