The Kane County Cougars will debut a ballpark concert series during the 2014 season that features some of the Chicago area's most popular bands. For select Saturday dates this summer, beginning June 21, fans will enjoy live music taking place before the game along with postgame entertainment by the Jesse White Tumblers and a fireworks show.
Bands confirmed for the concert series include Mr. Myers Band June 21; 7th Heaven July 12; American English July 26; Suburban Cowboys Aug. 2; and Hi Infidelity Aug. 23. For each of the dates, ballpark gates will open at 3:30 p.m., with the concerts beginning at 4 p.m. First pitch for each of the games is set for 6:30 p.m.
Contact information ( * required )
A game ticket for each of the above dates includes admission to that day's pregame concert, each of which will take place in the Cougars' Music Garden at Fifth Third Bank Ballpark.
The first day that single-game tickets go on sale is at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 6, when fans can order tickets in person, by phone or online at kccougars.com. Group outings, season tickets and ticket packages are currently on sale.
• Mr. Myers Band appearing June 21 is one of the most popular Jimmy Buffett cover bands in Chicagoland. The band will perform its mix of Buffet/Beach music as part of the Cougars' annual Jimmy Buffett Theme Night.
• 7th Heaven, appearing July 12, is known for its famous "30 songs in 30 minutes" medley of songs from the '70s and '80s, has charted No. 1 on the Midwest Billboard Charts twice.
• American English on July 26 is a Beatles tribute band that covers the entire career of The Beatles with precise attention given to every musical detail along with costume changes and vintage instruments.
• Suburban Cowboys on Aug. 2 is a Chicagoland country cover band that has performed at Joe's on Weed Street, as well as the large country festival Country Thunder.
• Hi Infidelity, appearing Aug. 23, is a Chicago area cover band playing music of all types, mainly from the '80s rock period.
"We're very excited to announce our ballpark concert series," Cougars Promotions Manager Jenni Brechtel said in a news release. "Each of these bands has a tremendous following in Chicagoland and their music is loved by thousands of people.
"Fans will have the opportunity to enjoy a summer concert at Fifth Third Bank Ballpark, a Cougars game, and one of our popular fireworks shows after the game to make it a complete evening of fun."
Earlier this off-season, the Cougars announced that famed ballpark organist Nancy Faust will play live organ music before and during every Sunday home game beginning May 4. Those Sunday dates also are Sunday Fundays, with free kids entertainment and ballpark discounts for families.
The Jesse White Tumblers will perform their high-flying routine following every Saturday game beginning May 3, and Thirsty Thursdays, with $1 beers, sodas and even hot dogs, begin May 15. A total of 27 home dates will feature a postgame fireworks show as well.