Breaking News Bar
updated: 1/12/2014 5:14 PM

Items too close to water heater cause Aurora fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald staff report

Two families have been displaced after items stored too close to a water heater started a fire in Aurora Saturday night, according to a news release.

Firefighters from the Aurora Fire Department responded around 7:30 p.m. to a fire in a two-unit apartment building on the 600 block of High Street, according to officials. Upon arrival, they found smoke and a small fire in the basement.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Four fire companies fought the fire and were able to keep it contained to the basement. The estimated cost of damage to the structure is $5,000.

No injuries were reported. Fire officials said the two displaced families are staying with relatives.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here