Breaking News Bar
updated: 1/6/2014 10:29 PM

Fires damage two Aurora homes

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A homeowner attempting to thaw out pipes and a dryer in another home caused small fires Monday night in Aurora.

The first blaze started around 4:30 p.m. in a single-family home on the 900 block of Meadowridge Boulevard, officials said. A dryer caught fire while the family was doing laundry and spread into a garage, Aurora Battalion Chief Don Jackley said. No damage estimates were available, and the fire remains under investigation, he said.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

A second fire started at 7:30 p.m. on the 400 block of Weston Avenue while a homeowner was trying to thaw frozen pipes. That fire spread into a kitchen wall but did not cause significant damage, Jackley said.

"It was a minor overhaul," he said. "We opened up the wall and put it out, and everything was good."

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here