About $50,000 in damage was caused from a fire that erupted at an Aurora house Sunday night, officials said.
Fire department officials said the blaze, which investigators found to be accidental, occurred in a home on the 2600 block of Red Hawk Ridge Drive on Aurora's east side. No injuries were reported to the house's occupants or to firefighters.
Contact information ( * required )
Officials said firefighters were summoned at 8:10 p.m. Sunday. The arriving companies contended with flames that engulfed the exterior and interior of the home's chimney.
Flames extended from the first-floor chimney to the top of the home. The house's occupants discovered the blaze and exited safely, officials said.
Officials said six fire companies fought the blaze.