Breaking News Bar
updated: 12/19/2013 2:56 PM

12 sickened by carbon monoxide in Skokie

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Press

Twelve people have been hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak at an apartment building in Skokie.

Police said a resident called 911 around 2:30 a.m. Thursday and reported feeling ill.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Responding emergency officials detected high levels of carbon monoxide. Firefighters had to break into some apartments to help residents get out.

The conditions of those taken to hospitals were not immediately known.

Skokie fire Capt. Steven Ludkowski said it is not yet clear what caused the high levels of carbon monoxide. He reminded the public to be sure their carbon monoxide detectors are working and to have their furnaces checked.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here