Breaking News Bar
updated: 11/7/2013 5:41 PM

Arlington Heights man faces sex abuse charge

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A Cook County judge set bail at $50,000 Thursday for an Arlington Heights man who authorities say sexually abused a young girl over an 18-month period.

Orlando Monte, 46, faces charges of predatory criminal sexual assault, a class X felony punishable by up to 30 years in prison. Cook County Judge Jill Cerone Marisie also ordered that Monte have no contact with anyone under age 18.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Police arrested Monte Tuesday after the 11-year-old girl disclosed the abuse to a friend and to school staff last week, said Cook County Assistant State's Attorney Moe Ahmad.

The girl told authorities Monte had abused her two to three times a week since July 2012, Ahmad said.

Monte, who has no criminal background, next appears in court on Dec. 4.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here