Light, insulation led to Libertyville-area home fire
Libertyville Fire Department investigators believe insulation that was too close to a light in a closet triggered a blaze Saturday night that left one firefighter injured and caused about $300,000 damage to a home in unincorporated Lake County.
Assistant Fire Chief Ken Komers said Monday it's unknown whether the light was on when the insulation ignited. He said the insulation apparently was smoldering for a while before the fire erupted.
Firefighters were dispatched to the house on the 29700 block of Oakspring Lane at 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
The 2,400-square-foot home's roof burned off, leaving the residence uninhabitable, Komers said. Firefighters' efforts prevented $50,000 in damage, officials said.
One firefighter from a department that responded to assist Libertyville was injured and taken for treatment at Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville.
Officials were unable to provide details about the firefighter's condition Monday.
No other injuries were reported.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close