CARMEL, Ind. -- Officials at one of Indiana's largest high schools say sports locker rooms have been cleaned after two students were found to have the staph infection MRSA.
Carmel High School officials sent a letter to parents Tuesday telling them of the skin infections at the school of nearly 4,700 students. WTHR-TV and WRTV report school officials said a locker room was believed the source of the bacteria.
Contact information ( * required )
Athletic trainers at the suburban Indianapolis school first noticed the infections and sent the students to get medical care. Health experts say MRSA thrives in warm, damp environments like showers, locker rooms and other bathroom fixtures.