More than 200,000 Illinois Medicare patients will have their health care needs coordinated by federally designated accountable care organizations. Below is a list of the seven ACOs based in Illinois:
• Alexian Brothers Accountable Care Organization, based in Arlington Heights: 16,000 Medicare patients.
• Christie Clinic Physician Services, Champaign-Urbana: 7,500 Medicare patients.
• Independent Physicians' ACO of Chicago: 14,000 Medicare patients.
• Medicare Value Partners (Presence Health), Chicago: 18,000 Medicare patients.
• Advocate Physician Partners Accountable Care, Rolling Meadows: 119,000 Medicare patients.
• Chicago Health System ACO (Vanguard Health Systems), Westmont: 9,800 Medicare patients.
• OSF Healthcare System, Peoria: 33,000 Medicare patients.
Sources: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, AP research.