Breaking News Bar
updated: 8/2/2013 3:54 PM

Teen charged with 2 fatal shootings in Chicago

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Press

An 18-year-old Chicago man is facing two murder charges in last month's shooting death of a woman and her 5-year-old son.

Chicago police said Friday that Antonio Lewis is facing two counts of first-degree murder and a single count of attempted first-degree murder for the June 28 shooting that killed 31-year-old Chevonne Brown and 5-year-old Sterling Sims.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Authorities said Lewis also tried to shoot Brown's 11-year-old son, but his gun malfunctioned.

The Chicago Sun-Times said Lewis was shot later that same day in a separate incident. Police say he remains in the hospital.

It wasn't immediately clear if he had a lawyer.

Because he's in the hospital, Lewis won't appear in bond court.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here