• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Vandals threw a black oily substance with a chemical smell between 10:30 p.m. July 29 and 3 a.m. July 30 on walls, carpet and floor in the first level vestibule at an apartment building on the 1100 block of East Northwest Highway.
• Vandals forcibly entered the first floor recreation lounge around 3:40 a.m. July 28 and cyber cafe around 11 p.m. July 26, causing an unknown amount of damage, in an apartment building common area on the 200 block of North Arlington Heights Road.
• Vandals scratched a circular design in the paint on the rear driver's-side door on a 2011 Mazda between 6:40 and 7:57 p.m. July 30 at the Arlington Heights Memorial Library, 500 N. Dunton Ave. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Vandals scratched two swirl patterns on the hood and driver's-side door of a 1997 Toyota Camry between 5 and 10 p.m. July 25 on the 3900 block of Proctor Circle.
• Thieves stole a 15-foot by 4-foot "Driving Range" banner valued at $330 from the west side of the driving range office at Sunset Meadows Park, 700 S. Dwyer.
• Thieves stole a smartphone valued at $599 between 12:05 and 12:15 p.m. July 27 at Savers store, 780 W. Dundee Road. The owner of the phone left it on a table while shopping.
• Thieves stole a men's red road bike and a men's blue road bike between 9 a.m. July 20 and 9 a.m. July 27 out of a common apartment bike room on the 200 block of North Dunton Avenue. Value was estimated at $3,600. They also stole a women's green bike valued at $800. Offenders pried the locked entrance door. All three bicycles were chained to a bike rack.
• Thieves entered a dorm room at Arlington Park on two occasions between July 15 and 29 and removed $200 from each resident's purse and jacket.
• Burglars pried open the rear sliding glass door, entered a residence in the 1400 block of North Walnut Avenue about 9:30 a.m. July 29 and removed the following items: brown Louis Vuitton purse valued at $600, approximately $3,000 worth of jewelry and two $50 euro bills.
• Thieves removed a black Motorola Photon smartphone valued at $499 from a store at 780 W. Dundee Road about noon July 27. It had been accidentally left on a display table.
• Vandals struck four places in the same area overnight July 26. Vandals in the 1600 block of East Burning Tree Court broke off landscaping wall bricks, knocked over patio plants, put a sprinkler on the hood of a vehicle and cracked the windshield, and left the patio umbrella on the baseball diamond in Centennial Park. They were seen attempting to open a shed in the 1400 block of Eton Court, where they also moved furniture around the patio. They broke out two wooden fence slats overnight in the 1500 block of Eaton Court, causing about $200 in damages. They broke branches off a tree in the 1700 block of East Burning Tree Court. It will have to be replaced.