Breaking News Bar
updated: 7/25/2013 11:59 AM

Wheeling restaurant open after it fills with smoke

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

Buca di Beppo in Wheeling is open for business after smoke filled the Italian restaurant this morning.

Fire Chief Keith MacIsaac said there was a problem with the air conditioner motor, which caused smoke to cover the roof and most of the interior.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

"It wasn't much of anything," MacIsaac said. "No damage was done."

A smoke detector activated an alarm at 9:28 a.m., MacIsaac said. The restaurant, located at 604 Milwaukee Ave., is old and has been renovated several times, so it took longer for crews to investigate the problem.

The scene was cleared at 10:53 a.m., he said.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here