Does your organization have an upcoming event? Tell us -- and our web readers -- all about it at dailyherald.com/calendar.
The Lisle Community Band performs at 7:30 p.m. at Community Park, 1825 Short St., Lisle. Free. Info: (630) 853-6196 or lislecommunityband.org.
• Aurora American Legion Band performs 7:30 to 9 p.m. at McCullough Park, 150 W. Illinois Ave., Aurora. Free. Info: foxvalleyparkdistrict.org.
• Thunder Road, a Bruce Springsteen tribute group, performs at 7 p.m. at the Ross Ferraro Town Center, Gary Avenue and Lies Road, Carol Stream. Info: (630) 665-7050 or carolstream.org.
• Wheaton Municipal Band performs a concert, "In Tribute to Our Mentors," at 8 p.m. in Memorial Park, Union and Hale streets, Wheaton. Free. Info: wheatonmunicipalband.org or (630) 260-1288.
• See some of the less-visited garden areas around the Robert R. McCormick Museum at Cantigny Park and conclude with a wine-tasting on the east porch at 6:30 p.m. at 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton Cost: $25. Register: cantigny.org or (630) 260-8162.
• Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce has a fundraiser supporting the Western DuPage Special Recreation Association Foundation from 5 to 10 p.m. at Mongolian Grill, 221 S. Washington St., Naperville. Twenty percent of proceeds are donated to the WDSRA Foundation. Info: (630) 544-3360 or email@example.com.
Naper Nights is Friday and Saturday at Naper Settlement, 523 S. Webster St., Naperville. Kashmir, a Led Zeppelin tribute band, performs Friday with Red Woody the opening act: $10, $5 ages 4 to 12. ARRA headlines Saturday with Tumbling Dice the opening act: $15, $10 ages 4 to 12. Info: (630) 420-6010 or napersettlement.com.
• North Central College's Summer Musical Theatre presents the children's musical "Peter Pan" at 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, July 26 to Aug. 3, and at 2 p.m. Sundays, July 28 and Aug. 4, at the college's Pfeiffer Hall, 310 E. Benton Ave., Naperville. Tickets: $15 adults, $10 students and senior citizens. Info: (630) 637-7469 or northcentralcollege.edu/showtix.
• Bloomingdale Lions Club's annual Charity Golf Challenge to help visually and hearing-impaired kids starts with lunch at 11:30 a.m. and a shotgun start at 1 p.m. at Bloomingdale Golf Club, 181 Glen Ellyn Road, Bloomingdale. Cost: $125 including greens fee, cart, lunch and dinner. Info: (630) 461-1283 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Naperville Park District Police join the Naperville Police Department to serve lunch to benefit the 2013 Illinois Special Olympics from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Texas Roadhouse, 2856 Patriot Lane, Naperville. Guests enjoy a free lunch and may simply leave a donation at the table. All of the donations go to Special Olympics Illinois. Info: napervilleparks.org.
Wheaton Pops performs "Hooray! for Hollywood" at Glenbard South High School, 23W200 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn. Tickets: $32. Info: (630) 790-1430.
• The 42nd Aurora Puerto Rican Heritage Fest takes place 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sunday at RiverEdge Park, 360 N. Broadway, Aurora. The Aurora Puerto Rican Parade starts at noon Sunday at Benton and Broadway, Aurora. Info: auroraprcc.org or (630) 631-9270.
• Wheaton Municipal Band performs a concert, "Morton Gould: An American Salute," at 8 p.m. in Wheaton College's Edman Memorial Chapel, Washington and Franklin streets, Wheaton. Free. Info: wheatonmunicipalband.org or (630) 260-1288.
• Four vintage baseball teams play by the rules of 1858 beginning at noon on the Parade Field at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. Free with $5 parking. Info: cantigny.org.
• The DuPage Symphony Orchestra presents "With a Gypsy Flair!" including Liszt's "Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2," Khachaturian's "Gayane Suite" and "Sabre Dance" at 8 p.m. outdoors at the First Division Museum at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. Tickets: $12 in advance, $18 the day of show. Info: cantigny.org or (630) 260-8162.
Special Needs Night is 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Centennial Beach, 500 W. Jackson Ave., Naperville. No registration required and season membership may be applied toward entry. Info: napervilleparks.org.
• Put on your Hawaiian shirt and listen to The Wave Runners perform favorites by the Beach Boys, The Safaris, Jimmy Buffet, The Ventures and other beach bands at 3 p.m. at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. Lawn seating; chairs and blankets welcome. Free with $5 parking. Info: cantigny.org.
• Storyteller and artist Paddy Lynn shares the story of American poet Emily Dickinson in the "Belle of Amherst" at 2 p.m. at Graue Mill and Museum, 3800 York Road, Oak Brook. Info: (630) 920-0720.