Mark your calendar Things to do in DuPage County
- Photos (1)
Does your organization have an upcoming event? Tell us -- and our web readers -- all about it at dailyherald.com/calendar.
The Lisle Community Band performs at 7:30 p.m. at Community Park, 1825 Short St., Lisle. Free. Info: (630) 853-6196 or lislecommunityband.org.
• Aurora American Legion Band performs 7:30 to 9 p.m. at McCullough Park, 150 W. Illinois Ave., Aurora. Free. Info: foxvalleyparkdistrict.org.
• Thunder Road, a Bruce Springsteen tribute group, performs at 7 p.m. at the Ross Ferraro Town Center, Gary Avenue and Lies Road, Carol Stream. Info: (630) 665-7050 or carolstream.org.
• Wheaton Municipal Band performs a concert, "In Tribute to Our Mentors," at 8 p.m. in Memorial Park, Union and Hale streets, Wheaton. Free. Info: wheatonmunicipalband.org or (630) 260-1288.
• See some of the less-visited garden areas around the Robert R. McCormick Museum at Cantigny Park and conclude with a wine-tasting on the east porch at 6:30 p.m. at 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton Cost: $25. Register: cantigny.org or (630) 260-8162.
• Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce has a fundraiser supporting the Western DuPage Special Recreation Association Foundation from 5 to 10 p.m. at Mongolian Grill, 221 S. Washington St., Naperville. Twenty percent of proceeds are donated to the WDSRA Foundation. Info: (630) 544-3360 or email@example.com.
Naper Nights is Friday and Saturday at Naper Settlement, 523 S. Webster St., Naperville. Kashmir, a Led Zeppelin tribute band, performs Friday with Red Woody the opening act: $10, $5 ages 4 to 12. ARRA headlines Saturday with Tumbling Dice the opening act: $15, $10 ages 4 to 12. Info: (630) 420-6010 or napersettlement.com.
• North Central College's Summer Musical Theatre presents the children's musical "Peter Pan" at 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, July 26 to Aug. 3, and at 2 p.m. Sundays, July 28 and Aug. 4, at the college's Pfeiffer Hall, 310 E. Benton Ave., Naperville. Tickets: $15 adults, $10 students and senior citizens. Info: (630) 637-7469 or northcentralcollege.edu/showtix.
• Bloomingdale Lions Club's annual Charity Golf Challenge to help visually and hearing-impaired kids starts with lunch at 11:30 a.m. and a shotgun start at 1 p.m. at Bloomingdale Golf Club, 181 Glen Ellyn Road, Bloomingdale. Cost: $125 including greens fee, cart, lunch and dinner. Info: (630) 461-1283 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Naperville Park District Police join the Naperville Police Department to serve lunch to benefit the 2013 Illinois Special Olympics from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Texas Roadhouse, 2856 Patriot Lane, Naperville. Guests enjoy a free lunch and may simply leave a donation at the table. All of the donations go to Special Olympics Illinois. Info: napervilleparks.org.
Wheaton Pops performs "Hooray! for Hollywood" at Glenbard South High School, 23W200 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn. Tickets: $32. Info: (630) 790-1430.
• The 42nd Aurora Puerto Rican Heritage Fest takes place 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sunday at RiverEdge Park, 360 N. Broadway, Aurora. The Aurora Puerto Rican Parade starts at noon Sunday at Benton and Broadway, Aurora. Info: auroraprcc.org or (630) 631-9270.
• Wheaton Municipal Band performs a concert, "Morton Gould: An American Salute," at 8 p.m. in Wheaton College's Edman Memorial Chapel, Washington and Franklin streets, Wheaton. Free. Info: wheatonmunicipalband.org or (630) 260-1288.
• Four vintage baseball teams play by the rules of 1858 beginning at noon on the Parade Field at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. Free with $5 parking. Info: cantigny.org.
• The DuPage Symphony Orchestra presents "With a Gypsy Flair!" including Liszt's "Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2," Khachaturian's "Gayane Suite" and "Sabre Dance" at 8 p.m. outdoors at the First Division Museum at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. Tickets: $12 in advance, $18 the day of show. Info: cantigny.org or (630) 260-8162.
Special Needs Night is 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Centennial Beach, 500 W. Jackson Ave., Naperville. No registration required and season membership may be applied toward entry. Info: napervilleparks.org.
• Put on your Hawaiian shirt and listen to The Wave Runners perform favorites by the Beach Boys, The Safaris, Jimmy Buffet, The Ventures and other beach bands at 3 p.m. at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. Lawn seating; chairs and blankets welcome. Free with $5 parking. Info: cantigny.org.
• Storyteller and artist Paddy Lynn shares the story of American poet Emily Dickinson in the "Belle of Amherst" at 2 p.m. at Graue Mill and Museum, 3800 York Road, Oak Brook. Info: (630) 920-0720.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close