Where to find fireworks
- Photos (1)
Still not sure where to catch a sky show tonight?
Here's a roundup of where to find Fourth of July fireworks in the suburbs.
• Antioch: At Williams Park, Williams and Main streets. Free. (847) 395-2160.
• Arlington Heights: at Arlington International Racecourse, Euclid Avenue and Wilke Road. Horse racing and music all day and 30 minutes of fireworks, set to music, at dusk. Admission packages start at $15 for adults, $2 for children. arlingtonpark.com.
• Aurora: at RiverEdge Park, 360 Broadway St. Free. (630) 896-6666 or riveredgeaurora.com.
• Barrington: at Barrington High School, 616 W. Main St. Viewing from the lawn. Free. barrington-il.gov.
• Bartlett: at Apple Orchard Park, corner of Stearns and South Bartlett roads. Music simulcast on 98.1-FM. Free. bartlett4thofjuly.com.
• Batavia: at Engstrom Park, Main and Millview streets. $5 donation for parking at both high school parking lots (off Wilson and Main), the Ace Hardware parking lot and the Wilson Business Center on West Wilson Street. bataviafireworks.org.
• Bensenville: at Redmond Recreational Complex, 735 E. Jefferson. Free. (630) 766-8200 or bensenville.il.us.
• Buffalo Grove: at Rotary Village Green, on Buffalo Grove Road, north of Old Checker Road. Best viewing from the Rotary Village Green, the Buffalo Grove Golf Course or Willow Stream Park. Free. Visit bgrotary.org.
• Carol Stream: at Ross Ferraro Town Center, Gary Avenue and Lies Road. Free. (630) 665-7050 or carolstream.org.
• Chicago: at Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand Ave., Chicago. navypier.com.
• Downers Grove: at Lemont Road and 75th Street. Co-sponsored by Woodridge. Free. events.downers.us.
• Glen Ellyn: at Lake Ellyn, Linden Street and Lenox Road. Park opens at 6 p.m. Free. glenellyn4ofjuly.org.
• Gurnee: at July 4th Fest at Six Flags Great America, at I-94 and Grand Avenue, Gurnee. Regular park admission fees apply. sixflags.com.
• Hoffman Estates: on the festival grounds at Northwest Fourth-Fest at Sears Centre Arena, 5333 Prairie Stone Parkway. Free. (888) 732-7784 or searscentre.com.
• Itasca: at Hamilton Lakes, Thorndale Avenue and Route 53. Free admission; parking is $20. (630) 773-0835.
• Lake Zurich: at Paulus Park, 200 S. Rand Road. Cost for residents and beach passholders is $2 for adults and free for ages 17 and younger. Cost for nonresidents is $7 for ages 4 and older and free for ages 3 and younger. (847) 438-5146 or volz.org/parkandrec.
• Libertyville: at Butler Lake Park, Lake Street west of Milwaukee Avenue. The Village Band will perform a concert of patriotic music and other favorites. Free. libertyville.com.
Lincolnshire: at Spring Lake Park, 49 Oxford Drive. Part of the Red, White and Boom 2013 festival. Free. (847) 236-0305 or lincolnshirecommunity.com.
• Lisle: at Lisle's Eyes to the Skies Festival at Community Park, 1825 Short St., Lisle. $5 for adults and free for kids 5 and younger and active-duty military personnel and veterans. (630) 964-3410 or eyestotheskies.org.
• Lombard: at Madison Meadow Park, Madison Street and Edgewood Avenue. $3; free for kids 9 and younger. tasteoflombard.com or lombardparks.com.
• Mount Prospect: on the festival grounds at Melas Park, at Busse and Central roads. mountprospect.org.
• Mundelein: at the Community Days event on Seymour Avenue at Courtland Street. Free. (847) 949-3200 or mundelein.org.
• Naperville: at Ribfest, Knoch Park, West Street and Martin Avenue. Free access beginning at 7:30 p.m. ribfest.net.
• Oakbrook Terrace: at Terrace View Park, Route 83 and 22nd Street. Free. (630) 941-8300 or obtpd.org.
• Rolling Meadows: at Salk Park, 3699 Pheasant Drive. (847) 818-3210 or rmparks.org.
• Schaumburg: immediately after the Boomers games tonight and Friday at Schaumburg Boomers Stadium, 1999 Springinsguth Road. Guests must attend the games to see the fireworks. For tickets, call (847) 461-3695 or visit boomersbaseball.com.
• Sleepy Hollow: at Sabatino Park, Winmoor Drive and Willow Lane. $5 donation. sleepyhollowil.org.
• St. Charles: at Pottawatomie Park, 8 North Ave. Fireworks begin off Boy Scout Island, with the best viewing at Pottawatomie Park or Ferson Creek Park. Free. Rain date will be the next clear evening. stcparks.org.
• Streamwood: at Dolphin Park, 880 S. Park Blvd.. Rain date is Friday. Free. streamwoodparkdistrict.org.
• Vernon Hills: at Century Park, 1001 Lakeview Parkway. Fireworks over Big Bear and Little Bear lakes. Free admission. (847) 367-3725 or vernonhills.org.
• Warrenville: at Cerny Park, River Road and Forest View Drive. Free. (630) 393-9427.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close