Breaking News Bar
updated: 6/17/2013 7:13 AM

Violent weekend in Chicago leaves at least 6 dead

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Press

CHICAGO -- Chicago Police are investigating after a violent weekend left at least six people dead and more than three dozen wounded in a series of shootings.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported Monday that it was the most violent weekend of the year in the city.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Authorities say the first homicide of the weekend happened late Friday on the city's West Side. The tally, which included at least 41 injuries, spanned Friday night through Sunday night.

The Cook County Medical Examiner's office said Monday morning that the youngest victim was 15-year-old Michael Westley, who died Sunday.

Chicago Police officials told the newspaper that more shootings took place during the same weekend last year and that there have been fewer murders so far in 2013 than any year since the mid-1960s.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here