No one injured in Hanover Park fire Sunday night
No one was injured in a chimney fire Sunday in the 5800 block of Easton Court of Hanover Park, officials said.
Assistant Fire Chief Ken Zaccard of the Hanover Park Fire Protection District said neighbors alerted the homeowner that a chimney fire had sparked on the outside of the home about 8:51 p.m.
Residents safely evacuated the home by the time the fire department arrived on the scene and the fire was put out in about 20 minutes, he added.
The property sustained about $15,000 in damage but remained inhabitable after the fire was extinguished.
"It was mostly contained to the chimney area, but it did damage some of the roof," Zaccard said.
Firefighters from Bartlett and Roselle assisted at the scene.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close