Breaking News Bar
updated: 5/25/2013 8:40 PM

One hurt in Carpentersville explosion, fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A home-construction worker was hurt Saturday in an explosion and fire at a Carpentersville house, authorities said.

The man, whose identity was not released, suffered burns on his arms and was taken to Sherman Hospital in Elgin, firefighters said.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The 10:45 a.m. blaze likely was related to the construction in the bathroom of the house on the 1100 block of Denver Drive, said Lt. Chris Bolliger of the Carpentersville Fire Protection District.

Although the fire is under investigation, authorities believe it started with a gas explosion.

A resident was home at the time and got out safely, Bolliger said.

The fire extended from the first floor and into the attic. It did not spread to any nearby homes, however.

With help from four neighboring fire departments, crews extinguished the blaze by 11 a.m., Bolliger said.

The house was badly damaged by the blast and fire, and it was deemed uninhabitable by the local building department.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.