Breaking News Bar
updated: 4/30/2013 10:00 PM

Grill fire ignites, destroys Wadsworth home

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A Wadsworth family lost its home Tuesday evening after a grill being used to cook dinner started on fire and quickly spread into the house.

Firefighters with the Newport Township Fire Protection District responded to the initial call of a grill fire at about 5:30 p.m. at a home on the 14000 block of Juniper Court.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

While en route, firefighters were updated that the fire had spread into the back of the two-story house, Newport Lt. Dave Emanuelson said.

A strong wind and a lack of municipal water in the area may have hampered efforts of firefighters, who called in 14 tanker trucks, all from different departments to help fight the blaze.

In this area of Wadsworth, homes use wells and septic systems, meaning there's no fire hydrants. The fire caused extensive damage and will likely be deemed uninhabitable, Emanuelson said.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here