Chicago reviewing emergency plan after Boston bombings
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel says the city should review its emergency medical response plan after the bombings at the Boston Marathon.
The city prepared a plan before last year's NATO conference, but Emanuel said Monday that he's asked city officials to review that plan. He wants them to see if there are any best practices to learn from how Boston responded to the bombings. He also wants to know if there are any changes that should be made to Chicago's plans.
Boston had a rehearsed emergency response plan. Chicago officials say the city has a similar plan and does training exercise to make sure its first responders are prepared.
Emanuel was speaking at an unrelated news conference.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close