• The Des Plaines River near Des Plaines crested at 10.92 feet Friday afternoon, just breaking the all-time high of 10.9 feet. It should recede to 10 feet by Saturday night. It isn't expected to drop below the flood stage of 5 feet until Wednesday.
• The Des Plaines River near Gurnee crested at 11.15 feet Friday night and should begin receding by Saturday morning. It isn't expected to drop below the flood stage of 7 feet until Wednesday night.
• The Des Plaines River near Lincolnshire hit 16.33 feet Friday morning, but is now starting to recede. It isn't expected to drop below the flood stage of 12.5 feet until Wednesday.
• The West Branch of the DuPage River near Warrenville crested at 17 feet late Thursday and dropped a foot and a half on Friday. It is expected to drop below the flood stage of 11.5 feet sometime Saturday morning.
• The Fox River at Algonquin was at 12.29 feet Friday evening and is expected to crest at 12.8 feet from late Saturday through Monday morning. It is expected to remain above the flood stage of 9.5 feet for all of next week.
Rainfall totals for Wednesday and Thursday:
Naperville: 7.34 inches
Oak Brook: 6.98
Glen Ellyn: 6.86
Chicago O'Hare: 5.55
West Chicago: 5.48
Sugar Grove: 5.47
North Aurora: 5.33
Sugar Grove: 5.24
Carol Stream: 5.14
Elk Grove Village: 5.06
Hawthorn Woods: 4.63
Fox Lake: 4.41
St. Charles: 4.34
Lake Zurich: 4.15
Lake Villa: 3.96
Hoffman Estates: 3.86
Buffalo Grove: 3.66
Arlington Heights: 2.06
Flights are running under normal operations except to and from LaGuardia Airport in New York that may experience delays of a half-hour or more.
Still closed Friday night:
Route 20 at Greenbrook in Hanover Park.
US-41 at IL-176, and both directions between Delaney and IL-21
I-55 south of I-80 to IL 6
I-55 southbound exit to Harlem northbound
I-94 northbound at Beaubien Woods
I-290 northbound and southbound ramps at Mannheim
I-290 at I-355
I-290 eastbound to Mannheim northbound and southbound
I-290 between York Avenue and North Avenue at Emory Road
I-290 at eastbound IL-83 and westbound at St. Charles exit
IL-21 between Grand Avenue and 1st Avenue
IL-25 between Gilbert and Stearns
IL-53 Park Blvd. to 56th Street
IL-53 southbound on Hoff
IL-53 between Warrenville Road and Short Street in Lisle
IL-56 west of IL-59
IL-59 from North Aurora to Quincy
IL-64 at Harlem west of I-290 viaducts
IL-64 between Harlem and Betrau Streets
IL-83 at Riverside and St. Charles
IL-83 between Palatine and Camp McDonald roads
IL-132 between 1st Avenue & O'Plaine Avenue
IL-132 at Old Grand
IL-137 from 83rd to Casey Avenue
IL-394 at 111th Street and Beaubien ramps in Cook County
Irving Park at Mannheim
Lawrence at Mannheim
Mannheim Road between Grand & Fullerton
Mannheim Road southbound between St. Charles and Butterfield
Palatine at Milwaukee
River Road between Kensington and Golf
Roosevelt Road between Westchester & Wolf Road
Wolf Road between Manchester and Dundee
Go to gettingaroundillinois.com for more details.
Source: Illinois Department of Transportation, FAA, National Weather Service.