The Metropolis Performing Arts Centre in Arlington Heights announced Friday a slate of recently added concerts and comedy shows for its 2013-14 season. On the bill are:
• "GayCo: Weddings of Mass Destruction," Saturday, Aug. 17: Chicago's oldest LGBT sketch comedy troupe returns with a revival of one of its hit revues.
• "The Second City: Happily Ever Laughter," Friday, Aug. 23, through Saturday, Sept. 14: Chicago's world-famous sketch comedy company returns to Arlington Heights with a show that skewers targets ranging from political gridlock to talentless reality TV stars.
• "Shining Star: A Tribute to Earth, Wind & Fire," Friday, Oct. 25: A tribute band helps you groove to tunes "September," "Sing a Song" and "Shining Star."
• "TV & Me," Saturday, Oct. 26: Comedian Mike Toomey of WGN fame returns with his nostalgic one-man show looking at his obsessive childhood watching hit TV shows from the 1960s and '70s.
• "An Evening with Liz Callaway," Friday, Nov. 1: The Broadway star sings a concert of musical favorites.
• "Rob Becker's Defending the Caveman," Thursday, Nov. 14, through Sunday, Nov. 16: The hit one-man comedy about the differences between men and women returns.
• "Heartless: The Music of Heart," Friday, Nov. 22. A tribute band recalls the group that delivered such hits as "These Dreams," "What About Love" and "Barracuda."
• "The Second City's Holiday in the Heights," Thursday, Dec. 5, through Monday, Dec. 30, with a special "New Year's Eve with The Second City" show on Tuesday, Dec. 31: The Second City returns with another adults-only holiday revue.
• "Corky Siegel & Megon McDonough Holiday Party," Tuesday, Dec. 10: Local musicians team up for a concert of classic Christmas songs.
• "A White Christmas Holiday Concert," Monday, Dec. 16: The revue, inspired by the classic title film, features songs like "Sisters" and "Baby, It's Cold Outside."
For more information and ticketing details, Call (847) 577-2121 or visit metropolisarts.com.
-- Scott C. Morgan