• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Rori P. Scheffler, 65, of the 100 block of South Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 8:50 p.m. March 9 at Arlington Heights and Sigwalt roads and charged with felony aggravated DUI, no valid driver's license, no insurance and traffic violations. The felony charge was imposed because she has a previous DUI conviction, reports said. Her court date is April 9.
• A burglar pried open a sliding-glass door at a condominium on the 2400 block of East Brandenberry around 6:30 p.m. March 7. The female resident was in her bedroom with the lights off, but she heard her dog barking. Apparently, the dog frightened the burglar, who fled without entering the condo.
• An Arlington Heights woman was scammed by a caller around 8:20 p.m. March 7 when he told her he worked for Medicare and asked for her social security number so he could access her account. After she gave him the number, he advised she would be contacted by a nurse. She finally realized this was suspicious and phoned 911.
• Thieves stole a white 2007 Chrysler 300 in a hotel lot at 2120 S. Arlington Heights Road between 7 p.m. March 7 and 7 p.m. March 8.
• Thieves defeated a lock on a male customer's locker at X-Sport Fitness, 960 W. Dundee Road, at 8 p.m. Feb. 22 and again at 8:20 p.m. March 9 and stole a total of $540.
• Vandals broke the passenger's-side mirror on a 2003 Honda Civic on the 1100 block of West Hawthorne between 12:30 and 2 a.m. March 9 and scratched all panels and scratched an X on the hood. According to reports, the female victim then drove the car to a store in Schaumburg, where burglars broke into the car and stole her purse.
• Burglars stole a wallet out of an unlocked 2004 Chevrolet Tracker in an open garage at a home on the 500 block of South Phelps Avenue between 6:30 p.m. March 7 and 9:45 a.m. March 8. Offenders used a credit card in the wallet for two purchases at a Popeyes in Mount Prospect and one purchase at a Mount Prospect McDonald's. Value was estimated at $55.