Breaking News Bar
updated: 3/8/2013 9:31 PM

Fryer catches fire at Carpentersville restaurant

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A deep fat fryer cooking fish and french fries caught fire Friday night at the Culver's restaurant in Carpentersville, authorities said.

Crews were called to the restaurant at 8000 Miller Road at 6:32 p.m., and they were able to put the grease fire out within 10 minutes, according to Lt. Chris Bolliger of the Carpentersville Fire Department.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Patrons and staff were evacuated, and no injuries were reported.

The restaurant was temporarily closed for cleanup, but had reopened later Friday night, said Serena Michels, the restaurant's general manager.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here