• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Mark A. Woger, 25, of the 1100 block of West Prospect, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 11:35 a.m. Feb. 28 near the 1300 block of East Central Road and charged with felony vehicle burglary after a witness reportedly saw him hurl a landscape stone through the front passenger-side window on a 2010 Infiniti QX56 in a business lot at 1300 E. Central Road and steal a cellphone and other small items. He ran but officers caught him a half-block away.
• Eric M. Baldinger, 30, of the 9000 block of Hamlin, unincorporated Des Plaines, was arrested around 10:30 p.m. March 3 at the police station and charged with felony aggravated fleeing and eluding. He was driving west on Golf Road and made an illegal U-turn in front of an officer's squad car traveling eastbound Golf Road around 12:30 a.m. March 2, reports said. The officer chased Baldinger's car as the offender drove through red lights at Arlington Heights Road/Algonquin Road and at the exit ramp from I-90 at Arlington Heights Road. He drove onto eastbound I-90 and sped away. The officer noted his license plate number and stopped chasing him because Baldinger was driving at a high rate of speed. Sheriff's police found the car at his home using the license plate number, but could not find Baldinger. The car was towed, and his father phoned police to find out what was going on. Baldinger then turned himself in.
• Thieves stole two antique wooden sleds off a front porch at a home on the 800 block of East Jules Street between midnight and 7 a.m. Feb. 26. One sled is 5-foot long with unknown graphics. The second sled is 3.5-foot long, made of light wood with red graphics. Value was estimated at $100.
• Burglars stole items out of three vehicles in a fitness center lot, 320 E. Golf Road. Burglars broke into a 2006 Cadillac CTS between 6:30 and 7:15 a.m. Feb. 28 and stole a designer purse and wallet and a cellphone. The purse was found near a trash receptacle at a gas station at Arlington Heights and Algonquin roads, but the credit cards and cellphone valued at $200 were missing. The burglars apparently used a gas card in the wallet at a Mobil gas station in Arlington Heights and a credit card in downtown Chicago.
• Burglars broke into a 2011 Mazda CX-9 between 7:15 and 8 a.m. March 1, took a purse from under the front seat and used a credit card from the purse at a gas station in Des Plaines.
• Burglars broke into a 2012 Hyundai Elantra between 7:15 and 7:40 a.m. March 2 and stole a purse valued at $700, camera, and a cosmetics bag.